Little interest in Wrestling

tex1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a wrestling team started at our school. Who would be a good person to talk to? I don't know very much about it, so I would need lots of help from the person you suggest.

It depends where your school is, each region (which is different than other sports) has its own regional rep and they could tell you what would need to be done to get it started. If you don't want to post your school, you can send me an private message and I can help you out.

lack of funds or interest ?

Title 9 is the biggest issue. The start up is the biggest cost (buying Mats, uniforms, head gear, ect...) but then it is a low budget sport.

I have seen schools who are interested (students), but no one pushes it.

I would love to see a wrestling team started at our school. Who would be a good person to talk to? I don't know very much about it, so I would need lots of help from the person you suggest.

Start a kids club for all of the area, not just one school at the Elementary level. Then at the MS. Pressure will build. To start a kids club, you can learn everything you need online. Or if you screw it up, someone formally involved in wrestling will let you know and relieve you from your duties.

There are people around and the bloodline of a wrestler will come forth.

Hope this helps a bit.

Truth to power... There is another forum site dedicated strictly KY wrestling that averages 45 posts a day. That is why. Explanation is simple but will refrain.

I got a slap on the wrist for saying nearly the same thing on this same post, not to mention my post was edited.

I do wish Wrestling was posted here more. I think I will post some results on here to try and get more activity.

Johnson Central has a big tournament this weekend (The McDonalds Classic) but if you really want to know a wrestling tournament is like go to Frankfort on the last day of the state tournament and if the atmosphere that day dosen't make the hairs on your arm and the back of your neck stand up then you will never be a wrestling fan. Hope to see everyone there!

Johnson Central has a big tournament this weekend (The McDonalds Classic) but if you really want to know a wrestling tournament is like go to Frankfort on the last day of the state tournament and if the atmosphere that day dosen't make the hairs on your arm and the back of your neck stand up then you will never be a wrestling fan. Hope to see everyone there!

Who will win it all as a school? Top 4 from each weight class? Just curious. Seems you have some insight.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Who will win it all as a school? Top 4 from each weight class? Just curious. Seems you have some insight.

Wish I could help you, I haven't been keeping up with it very closely this year because I have been busy with the offseason strngth and conditioning program for our football team. Traditionally there is Trinity, Woodford Co. Larue Co. Ryle that usually makes a run for the top team. Should be an exciting tournament though! Hope to see you in Frankfort!

Could it be because there are so fews schools that field wrestling teams? I know the 12th Region area has several posters on BGP, but there aren't many 12th Region schools that wrestle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Wayne County is the only 12th region school with a wrestling team isn't it?