Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many NewCath players will play in College?

Featured Replies

Who is getting a look? I think 6-8 can play at the next level.

Edited by Dungeon Master
spelling

Who is getting a look? I think 6-8 can play at the next level.

 

So far from what I know/heard, the boys that are getting interest are Ben Parr, Robby Kues, Mark Kelly, Chris Grosser, Nate Rawe, Jake Kiernan, Greg Willett. I think that's it if im not mistaken.

Who is getting a look? I think 6-8 can play at the next level.

 

What level?

If it is D-3 they all can. Just pay tuition, go to the coach and tell them you want to play football.

What level?

If it is D-3 they all can. Just pay tuition, go to the coach and tell them you want to play football.

 

From what I saw last weekend, your D3 assessment is right on target. The only exception is Ben Parr. He was the most impressive player for the 'Breds in the championship, getting it done on both sides of the ball. I checked my game program and was relieved to see that he is a senior and FC won't see him again. Didn't have the same feeling of in trepidation for any other New Cath player. The rest were just good high school players, which won't have any D1 programs beating the door down to get them.

Schnieder was quoted as saying in the paper that Ben Parr is the best pure athlete they have on the team and he should get some looks. He suffered an injury that set him back but he looks to be 100% and should get some interests.

Chris Kelly could be D1.

 

I have had only limited exposure to the 'Breds, the title game last year and this year, but the younger Kelly was much more impressive then his older brother. He definately has a lot of potential. I question whether a nice sophmore season in high school makes him a bonafide D1 prospect or not, but I do wish him luck!

I have had only limited exposure to the 'Breds, the title game last year and this year, but the younger Kelly was much more impressive then his older brother. He definately has a lot of potential. I question whether a nice sophmore season in high school makes him a bonafide D1 prospect or not, but I do wish him luck!

 

I don't think anyone in the family is more than 6-0' tall, which Chris is not at this time. I think Chris has all the talent, but it may be a stretch to see him with that size play D1

I don't think anyone in the family is more than 6-0' tall, which Chris is not at this time. I think Chris has all the talent, but it may be a stretch to see him with that size play D1

 

They have an older brother Ben who I believe is 6'2

They have an older brother Ben who I believe is 6'2

 

??? who plays at Union? Not sure he's that tall

From what I saw last weekend, your D3 assessment is right on target. The only exception is Ben Parr. He was the most impressive player for the 'Breds in the championship, getting it done on both sides of the ball. I checked my game program and was relieved to see that he is a senior and FC won't see him again. Didn't have the same feeling of in trepidation for any other New Cath player. The rest were just good high school players, which won't have any D1 programs beating the door down to get them.

 

Mark Kelly will get more looks for his baseball skills than football. In terms of DI, NewCath very rarely has any players go, let alone get recruited to go. I believe that Kiernan was the first football player from NewCath to go DI on full ride since Frank Jacobs. I know that Adam Reedy went to the Air Force Academy w/ the intent to play football, but I don't know that he ever did.

I believe a reciever from a couple years ago is on the current UC roster. Walk-on, I think!

I believe a reciever from a couple years ago is on the current UC roster. Walk-on, I think!

 

Canafax

I believe a reciever from a couple years ago is on the current UC roster. Walk-on, I think!

 

Had Josh gone to another school he would have been highly recruited. He could flat out fly. AJ Simon saw a lot of time under Mumme at UK. However, neither were recruited by their schools. That's what I meant.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.