Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bailey for Dye? Its Official..Sorta

Featured Replies

Reds Trade Bailey For Dye?

By Tim Dierkes [December 7 at 7:46pm CST]

According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, a Major League source told him a Homer Bailey for Jermaine Dye trade "is done and will be announced this week."

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still on the fence on this one. Dye sure seems old and ready to breakdown. I don't think he's much in the field either is he? Big bat when he gets on a roll and stays healthy but I'm always skeptical when you move young pitching talent for an old slugger that has probably seen his best days both on the field and health wise.

  • Author
I'm still on the fence on this one. Dye sure seems old and ready to breakdown. I don't think he's much in the field either is he? Big bat when he gets on a roll and stays healthy but I'm always skeptical when you move young pitching talent for an old slugger that has probably seen his best days both on the field and health wise.

 

If he does stay healthy, He will probably put up big big numbers at GABP.

IF.... he should put up huge numbers in that park I agree. I am weary but I will say it's nice to see they are at least trying to get better in their minds.

  • Author
IF.... he should put up huge numbers in that park I agree. I am weary but I will say it's nice to see they are at least trying to get better in their minds.

 

:thumb::thumb:

If this happens, the Reds will have a very solid team next season.

I'm still on the fence on this one. Dye sure seems old and ready to breakdown. I don't think he's much in the field either is he? Big bat when he gets on a roll and stays healthy but I'm always skeptical when you move young pitching talent for an old slugger that has probably seen his best days both on the field and health wise.

 

.996 Fielding % last season.

If he does stay healthy, He will probably put up big big numbers at GABP.

 

He's played in at least 137 games the last 5 seasons and hit at least 23 homeruns in each of them. Bailey, meanwhile is young but all that he has proven in 2 stints in the Majors is that he can't get Major League hitters out with his current approach. For all the hype about his stuff he's only struck out 46 batters in 81 big league innings. That's one thing that young power pitchers usually do is strike out a bunch even if overall they're ineffective. I don't think this will hurt the Reds long-term but I don't think it makes them any kind of a serious contender short-term either.

.996 Fielding % last season.

 

But a below league average range factor which is much more important for outfielders who don't make many errors anyway. He's not a plus fielder but he isn't a butcher either.

He's played in at least 137 games the last 5 seasons and hit at least 23 homeruns in each of them. Bailey, meanwhile is young but all that he has proven in 2 stints in the Majors is that he can't get Major League hitters out with his current approach. For all the hype about his stuff he's only struck out 46 batters in 81 big league innings. That's one thing that young power pitchers usually do is strike out a bunch even if overall they're ineffective. I don't think this will hurt the Reds long-term but I don't think it makes them any kind of a serious contender short-term either.

 

I think Dye provides them with a power hitting right handed bat that they desperately need, and I'm almost positive they can't do better than Dye via FA, so this is a great move. Bailey doesn't factor into the Reds future anyways, so I don't see how it would do anything but help.

I think Dye provides them with a power hitting right handed bat that they desperately need, and I'm almost positive they can't do better than Dye via FA, so this is a great move. Bailey doesn't factor into the Reds future anyways, so I don't see how it would do anything but help.

 

 

I agree, I don't think Bailey will ever be anything more than a back of the rotation guy. I don't however, think that Dye makes the Reds any kind of contender next season. They'll have to do more than just acquire Dye.

This is an interesting trade.

 

If we're going to trade Bailey for a Right handed hitter, I hope they shop him around to everybody.

This is an interesting trade.

 

If we're going to trade Bailey for a Right handed hitter, I hope they shop him around to everybody.

 

They aren't going to find anything better than Dye for a player of Bailey's level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.