Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 58 Walton Verona 31

Featured Replies

Walton Verona was hanging tough up until half time scratching their way to being right with Ryle. The third quarter was a tough one for WV as Ryle's guard, Abby Jump got hot and hit many consecutive 3's to pull away from WV. WV will continue to improve and with the impressive and optimistic coach these ladies will continue to learn from these first three games. WV's Ginn goes to the doctor on Monday in regards to her bummed finger that occured against Gallatin County in the first quarter on Friday night.

Only stats I have is Walton had 40 turnovers. On a positive note, they did out rebound Ryle.

Guess you have to take the good with the bad. Who stepped in for Ginn?

Clinkenbeard (8th grader) started in Ginn's place. Jump from Ryle had 20 pts. (six 3's), she was on fire.

Clinkenbeard (8th grader) started in Ginn's place. Jump from Ryle had 20 pts. (six 3's), she was on fire.

 

23-20 at the half, and then Jump put on a shooting clinic in the 3rd quarter to blow the game open.

Was Ryle at full strength? I heard they are still without Moss and Crittenden. Great shooting in the 3rd quarter will beat you every time.

I don't know if I would call it "great shooting". She did what she was supposed to do when given the opportunity. She did hit six three's, and that's great for Ryle. She definitely had a hot streak. But, these were WIDE open, uncontested three's. It looked like one kid decided to play H-O-R-S-E while the game was going on.

 

I don't know what Walton Verona was thinking. They watched one kid drop SIX three's on them in ONE QUARTER before calling a time out to make an adjustment.

 

ANY scouting report would tell you that this kid ONLY shoots three's. She is not a threat to drive past you, so you can get up on her.

 

Six (6) three's. One (1) kid. One (1) quarter. Then they decide to guard the kid. Amazing.

Was Ryle at full strength? I heard they are still without Moss and Crittenden. Great shooting in the 3rd quarter will beat you every time.

 

Sorry for being out of the loop, and hopefully not beating a dead horse, by why wasn't Moss playing? Hurt or not on the team? On the other side of the river it is widespread rumor she will be playing for Lakota West.

I don't know if I would call it "great shooting". She did what she was supposed to do when given the opportunity. She did hit six three's, and that's great for Ryle. She definitely had a hot streak. But, these were WIDE open, uncontested three's. It looked like one kid decided to play H-O-R-S-E while the game was going on.

 

I don't know what Walton Verona was thinking. They watched one kid drop SIX three's on them in ONE QUARTER before calling a time out to make an adjustment.

 

ANY scouting report would tell you that this kid ONLY shoots three's. She is not a threat to drive past you, so you can get up on her.

 

Six (6) three's. One (1) kid. One (1) quarter. Then they decide to guard the kid. Amazing.

I would call making 6 three's in one quarter "great shooting" even if she wasn't guarded.

Sorry for being out of the loop, and hopefully not beating a dead horse, by why wasn't Moss playing? Hurt or not on the team? On the other side of the river it is widespread rumor she will be playing for Lakota West.

 

I heard she had to sit out 27 days for the 27 days she missed.

I don't know if I would call it "great shooting". She did what she was supposed to do when given the opportunity. She did hit six three's, and that's great for Ryle. She definitely had a hot streak. But, these were WIDE open, uncontested three's. It looked like one kid decided to play H-O-R-S-E while the game was going on.

 

I don't know what Walton Verona was thinking. They watched one kid drop SIX three's on them in ONE QUARTER before calling a time out to make an adjustment.

 

ANY scouting report would tell you that this kid ONLY shoots three's. She is not a threat to drive past you, so you can get up on her.

 

Six (6) three's. One (1) kid. One (1) quarter. Then they decide to guard the kid. Amazing.

 

Because everyone can just hit 3 point shots in a game, wide open or not? I will give you 10 three point shots and bet you can't make 6 of them. Yes she did do her job, but it isn't like long rang shooting is layups or something. Give the kid some credit!

I heard she had to sit out 27 days for the 27 days she missed.

 

Thanks! I am tired of hearing in Ohio how she will be at Lakota West by Christmas break. And then not this season, but for summer and next season and such. My guess is just wishful thinking! Thanks again for the clarification!

I don't know if I would call it "great shooting". She did what she was supposed to do when given the opportunity. She did hit six three's, and that's great for Ryle. She definitely had a hot streak. But, these were WIDE open, uncontested three's. It looked like one kid decided to play H-O-R-S-E while the game was going on.

 

I don't know what Walton Verona was thinking. They watched one kid drop SIX three's on them in ONE QUARTER before calling a time out to make an adjustment.

 

ANY scouting report would tell you that this kid ONLY shoots three's. She is not a threat to drive past you, so you can get up on her.

 

Six (6) three's. One (1) kid. One (1) quarter. Then they decide to guard the kid. Amazing.

 

Did you apply for the job? It was open recently.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.