Gallatin Co. 57 Simon Kenton 55

SK is a very young team this year and lost a lot from last year. GC returns 3 starters and a top 5 player in the region in Maddox.

I don't see why it's be a surprise that GC won?

Don't know where you get your info. GC returns only two players with Varsity experience. They started 1 Senior, 1 Junior, 2 Sophs, and 1 Freshman. They also had an 8th grader see quality minutes. This was a solid win for a group that will experience growing pains early this season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and getting things together for the website.

My thanks to the folks who listened. I had my son with me. Brought back the memories of the webcasting days.

To answer Super B's question, the Pioneers have 5 still playing football. The football team was recognized at halftime tonight. We had Coach Marksberry on at the half.

As far as stats, here goes (very unofficial).

Scoring for Simon Kenton - 55

Langon Barnes - 21

Casey Sorrell - 17

Darien Lanham - 7

Zac Bishop - 4

Cody Chambers - 2

Ethan Ball - 2

Kiefer Mulberry - 2

3 pointers - 4 - Barnes 3, Sorrell 1

FT Shooting - 11 of 13 - 85%

Scoring for Gallatin County - 57

Trent Maddox - 23

Travis Davis - 12

Zac Jones - 11

Shane Williamson - 7

Nate Dossett - 4

3 pointers - 4 - Travis Davis - 4

FT Shooting - 5 of 19 - 26%

Foul trouble got Zac Jones on the bench late in the first half then Bryce Carlton picked up 3 fouls in a 2 minute span. Maddox had 4 fouls by the end.

A close game all the way through.

Gallatin County - 8 20 14 15 - 57

Simon Kenton - 12 16 11 16 - 55

The Simon Kenton/Dixie Game on Friday is cancelled due to the football game at Louisville Male.

Nice to meet Neerfan tonight.

Lighten up. I'm just messin' with the GC fans a little.:cool:

I knew you were. Just havin' a little fun myself. I will be there for Coach Yager's home debut on Thursday.

As for the Wildcats, other than free throw shooting, Coach Jones has to be pleased with the outcome tonight considering how green most of this team is.

I'm good as this is the 4th win I called tonight. Too bad I get nothing for it. I have a question for the gallatin fans. Is the 8th grader who logged minutes the same one that plays for the wolfpack AAU team?

Sorry, I forgot to answer with your quote. Yes, He does play with the AAU Wolfpack team.

Sorry, I forgot to answer with your quote. Yes, He does play with the AAU Wolfpack team.

That is very impressive and I dont want to threadjack but is this allowed? I heard that if you are participating in Frosh-Varsity you cannot play AAU during the school season? I just need clarification of the rule. thanks

Thanks! It was a tough game for them. We gotta start making those free throws. 26 percent is not good at all.

:scared: That is atrocius. Im surprised the boys are'nt back at the gym shooting as we speak. WOW! FT's are a lost art. Kids think they have to be at practice to shoot em. That is something you can go to the driveway or churchlot and shoot until you get so good you are begging someone to foul you and send you to the line.