Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands top polls

Featured Replies

I watched her this summer and she certainly has a lot of game.

 

That's what I hear. Isn't she a Frosh or Soph?

That's what I hear. Isn't she a Frosh or Soph?

 

Frosh

Glad to hear she's playing. She had told several people earlier in the school year and summer that she wasn't, but I guess changed her mind. Good for her cause she is going to be one of the top players in the region this year as a freshman and by her senior year might be one of the best in the state.

 

I heard her dad came into town, found out she wasn't playing and got her back on the team.

 

She is a very good player and only a freshman this season.

I heard her dad came into town, found out she wasn't playing and got her back on the team.

 

She is a very good player and only a freshman this season.

 

 

Her dad was not at all involved in Syd now playing.

Grandpa is very influencial in her life and those two are very close. My guess is he gave a little nudge! ;)

Why doesn't someone start a Sydney Moss Thread. I thought this read was about the Highlands girls basketball ranking.

Girls Basketball should rock! Go Birds!

Highlands is likely the #1 team but looking at the poll, it would appear that only 9 coaches voted. When you look at the teams that got votes, you see Owen in the girls and Deming in the boys. I wonder how many coaches were polled and what geographic area does it cover? The only thing you can tell for certain is that it covers 3 regions. Just off the top of my head, I can name 20+ schools in Boone, Kenton and Campbell and I am sure that I am missing some.

 

Not that it is a big deal but my point is the sample size does not appear to be very big. (The boys wasn't much different) The Post Polls used to have a ton of coaches that voted.

 

My guess is the teams at the top are pretty accurate but the mid to latter part of the list has some variability.

Highlands is likely the #1 team but looking at the poll, it would appear that only 9 coaches voted. When you look at the teams that got votes, you see Owen in the girls and Deming in the boys. I wonder how many coaches were polled and what geographic area does it cover? The only thing you can tell for certain is that it covers 3 regions. Just off the top of my head, I can name 20+ schools in Boone, Kenton and Campbell and I am sure that I am missing some.

 

Not that it is a big deal but my point is the sample size does not appear to be very big. (The boys wasn't much different) The Post Polls used to have a ton of coaches that voted.

 

My guess is the teams at the top are pretty accurate but the mid to latter part of the list has some variability.

I think many coaches don't vote because of the lack of coverage they get from the Enquirer. The Post used to have a separate section with rosters, schedules, pictures, etc. What does the Enquirer give us? A couple of picture and stories. A lot of times you can't even find a box score on some games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.