Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands top polls

Featured Replies

From nky.com:

 

Highlands, which once won five regional titles in eight years but hasn't claimed a championship since 2001, is No. 1 in the girls' poll.

 

The Highlands girls' team also will get an early test. The Bluebirds will play host to state power Lexington Catholic on Dec. 6. They've already scrimmaged state tournament favorite Iroquois. Highlands coach Jaime Richey said the team's schedule was made to challenge a team that many expect to reach the state tournament.

 

"We return everybody and everybody has been playing varsity a few years," Richey said. "We're a year more experienced and more mature. And now we have another year of playing together. That will help too."

 

Rest of story:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081201/SPT0302/812010351

It is always good to have a front runner.

While I can see the rationale behind the #1 ranking. That's exactly what it is. Until the ball goes up and the games are played a preseason ranking means little. Should be an exciting year in the 9th.:thumb:

  • Author
While I can see the rationale behind the #1 ranking. That's exactly what it is. Until the ball goes up and the games are played a preseason ranking means little. Should be an exciting year in the 9th.:thumb:

 

I agree. Highlands obviously has the most talent in nky this year though. They will be tough to beat for any team up here. Scary part about it is the majority of the girls are only juniors.

Doesn't Randy Moss' Daughter play for Ryle? I heard she was pretty good, I might make it a point to go watch.

I agree. Highlands obviously has the most talent in nky this year though. They will be tough to beat for any team up here. Scary part about it is the majority of the girls are only juniors.

 

Don't discount the seniors on this team. The wholesale change for the LadyBirds is that they will only rely on one soph for meaningful minutes. The rest of that class (and not a bad one at that) will get their seasoning at the JV level. There are also 3 very talented 8th graders that will be playing major roles on the JV squad. This is the deepest Highlands has been in some time.

  • Author
Doesn't Randy Moss' Daughter play for Ryle? I heard she was pretty good, I might make it a point to go watch.

 

From what I've heard she isn't playing this year. Could be wrong but I heard it about two weeks ago. Things may have changed.

  • Author
Don't discount the seniors on this team. The wholesale change for the LadyBirds is that they will only rely on one soph for meaningful minutes. The rest of that class (and not a bad one at that) will get their seasoning at the JV level. There are also 3 very talented 8th graders that will be playing major roles on the JV squad. This is the deepest Highlands has been in some time.

 

I wasn't discounting the seniors at all. I was just stating that the junior class is very good at HHS.

While I can see the rationale behind the #1 ranking. That's exactly what it is. Until the ball goes up and the games are played a preseason ranking means little. Should be an exciting year in the 9th.:thumb:

 

Absolutely agree. Top to bottom HHS looks to be the top team; however, the #1 pre-season team for the past 3yrs (at least) have fallen. It really is tough to have, and maintain, the "X" on the back. This is going to be a very exciting season with a lot of fast/transition basketball. I personally believe it is completely wide open and will go to the team that gets hot in the end.

From what I've heard she isn't playing this year. Could be wrong but I heard it about two weeks ago. Things may have changed.

 

Moss is playing and is certainly worth the price of admission.

I wasn't discounting the seniors at all. I was just stating that the junior class is very good at HHS.

 

Agreed. I just want to give the seniors their due. Adler, Macke, McMahon, Horner, Speier (sp), and Messmer all will be a huge part of this teams success.:thumb:

Moss is playing and is certainly worth the price of admission.

 

I watched her this summer and she certainly has a lot of game.

  • Author
Agreed. I just want to give the seniors their due. Adler, Macke, McMahon, Horner, Speier (sp), and Messmer all will be a huge part of this teams success.:thumb:

 

Oh I totally agree. The seniors are what have made those juniors so good by pushing them so hard in practice every day and showing them the type of work ethic that's needed to win at a high level. All 6 of those seniors along with the talented junior class make for a VERY deep squad for coach Richey.

  • Author
Moss is playing and is certainly worth the price of admission.

 

Glad to hear she's playing. She had told several people earlier in the school year and summer that she wasn't, but I guess changed her mind. Good for her cause she is going to be one of the top players in the region this year as a freshman and by her senior year might be one of the best in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.