Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tompkinsville BBQ

Featured Replies

My wife will be making the trip from Fort Campbell to Tompkinsville for this game.

 

I've been reading much about the wonderful BBQ there, can someone give me some suggestions as to where she might find the best BBQ, or at least something close to the field that's good?

 

Feel free to PM me the addresses so she can plug 'em into the GPS.

 

Greatly appreciated.

 

Mods, I posted this in the "football" section as it relates to the upcoming semi-final game between the FC Falcons and the MC Falcons; if it needs to be moved, please do so. I just didn't want to clutter the poll/predictions thread with talk about BBQ.

 

Later.

^ My favorite (Backyard BBQ) is located at 293 Old Edmonton Rd.

Do I need a reservation? :lol: I'm trying to talk the Fort Campbell radio crew into making this a pregame destination.

Do I need a reservation? :lol: I'm trying to talk the Fort Campbell radio crew into making this a pregame destination.

It does have a small dinning area, so you may have to get it to go.

There’s more seating available at Frances BBQ, not sure of the actual address but it's about 4 miles south of T-ville on Celina Rd/163, Frances sauce is quite famous, a few year ago they teamed up with John Anderson (country singer) and started selling the sauce nationally, it has the most variety menu wise, but my favorite is still Backyard...

BTW don’t be brave and get it dipped hot unless you know what your getting into, it can be quite intense…

Umm, sounds good

It's all good but I believe Frances is a little better.

We get Backyard every Friday at school, good stuff

Best BBQ I've ever eaten was from T-ville. I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it's out 163 towards the TN line.

Backyard all the way. :thumb:

Best BBQ I've ever eaten was from T-ville. I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it's out 163 towards the TN line.

 

That would be France's...

All the Bar-b-Que's are worth the trip, but Gamaliel has a new one run by a Falcon dad called Chicken Wangs! Very good, but a little warning...get it hot and you won't be able to stop the sniffles at the game!!! Gamaliel is 8 miles south of T-ville.

Is Backyard BBQ on the road right before you hit all the Semi trucks and such coming down 163? I attempted to go there last night and I saw a small building that appeared closed? Maybe I went to the wrong place?

Is Backyard BBQ on the road right before you hit all the Semi trucks and such coming down 163? I attempted to go there last night and I saw a small building that appeared closed? Maybe I went to the wrong place?

 

Sounds like you were at the right place, what time was it when you were there?

  • Author

What are the hours?

 

If it's as good as you say it is, my wife might wanna stop by on the way back and get some for my son when he gets back to the school after the game.

 

Later.

Sounds like you were at the right place, what time was it when you were there?

 

It was only around 6 or 6:30... I drove up that road about a mile or two and then decided to turn around before I got to far out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.