Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tompkinsville BBQ

Featured Replies

Backyard BBQ is on highway 2768 off highway 163 about a mile out of T-ville. There is a sign on Highway 163 that says Paul and Nora's BBQ. This is now called Backyard BBQ. After you turn off Highway 163 the bbq is just about a quarter of a mile down on the left. They usually close between 7 and 8 depending how much bbq they have left.

They had better throw another pig on the fire for Friday then. :lol:

Make sure you people understand, Tville BBQ and northern KY BBQ are not the same. You folks up north think if you kill a pig and put a little Kraft BBQ sauce on it you've had BBQ. Get you some shoulder, the meat of preference, hot as it comes and see how you like BBQ. Shredded pork and pork chops are for women.

  • Author

^Is Fort Campbell northern Kentucky? Last time I checked, it's southwestern Kentucky.

 

I think everyone involved in this thread has something to do with the fact that Fort Campbell families/fans will be making the trip to Tompkinsville and, my wife (for one) wanted me to find out about good BBQ, not dead pigs with Kraft BBQ sauce on it, but good BBQ.

 

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.......

 

Later.

Make sure you people understand, Tville BBQ and northern KY BBQ are not the same. You folks up north think if you kill a pig and put a little Kraft BBQ sauce on it you've had BBQ. Get you some shoulder, the meat of preference, hot as it comes and see how you like BBQ. Shredded pork and pork chops are for women.

 

Fort Campbell is in Southern KY... So southern part of it is even in Tennssee! :sssh::thumb:

 

And yes... Shoulder in hot sauce is the best!! :thumb::thumb:

We had BBQ yesterday at my brother's. Boston Butt shoulder roast ... yummy. :banana:

Make sure you people understand, Tville BBQ and northern KY BBQ are not the same. You folks up north think if you kill a pig and put a little Kraft BBQ sauce on it you've had BBQ. Get you some shoulder, the meat of preference, hot as it comes and see how you like BBQ. Shredded pork and pork chops are for women.

 

I don't think the northern Ky area has ever been known as a BBQ hotbed. However, we have an annual BBQ cook-off in Warsaw every year that you might appreciate.

^Is Fort Campbell northern Kentucky? Last time I checked, it's southwestern Kentucky.

 

I think everyone involved in this thread has something to do with the fact that Fort Campbell families/fans will be making the trip to Tompkinsville and, my wife (for one) wanted me to find out about good BBQ, not dead pigs with Kraft BBQ sauce on it, but good BBQ.

 

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.......

 

Later.

 

I think what he's saying is don't think the BBQ you get in T-ville is like BBQ you get most other places, for one it's cooked different than most other BBQ and the sauce is much hotter. I agree about getting the shoulder, I always get it dipped hot, but I wouldn't suggest that unless you know your ready for it...:thumb:

My mistake, I didn't realize Monroe was playing Fort Campbell. You folks probably can appreciate good BBQ. Good luck to the Falcons!

  • Author
My mistake, I didn't realize Monroe was playing Fort Campbell. You folks probably can appreciate good BBQ. Good luck to the Falcons!

NP. Go (FC) Falcons!

 

Later.

  • Author

My wife ended up going to Backyard. She got the shredded BBQ, because she thought it would be a bit more efficient since the place was PACKED. She tasted the shoulder and told me that it was delicious. Different from our favorite near home (JR's BBQ out on Dover Road @ Big Rock for you Fort Campbellers), but good just the same.

 

Later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.