Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Courier-Journal's Top 25 Players

Featured Replies

Just looking at the list players that IMO are ranked too low are:

 

Elijah Pittman

Ge'lawn Guyn

Josh Whitaker

Cody Miller

Shaquille Wilson

 

I won't comment on the ones I think are overrated. I really don't want to put down anyone. All the players on the list are very nice players.

 

I'd have to agree. There are several players on the list that could make a legit argument for being top 10 players. I think it just goes to show how good the talent really is here in KY though when you have players like the ones mentioned above not in the top 10.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ricardo could be in top three if not the top player next season and you will see why this season as he is only a Junior. he will show the whole state that he is one of the best in this state on Dec. 14 when i think he can and probably will be the best player on the floor against Scott Co. This game could potentially be future teammates playing against each other.:sssh:

I think Ricardo could be in top three if not the top player next season and you will see why this season as he is only a Junior. he will show the whole state that he is one of the best in this state on Dec. 14 when i think he can and probably will be the best player on the floor against Scott Co. This game could potentially be future teammates playing against each other.:sssh:

 

If you mean in high school, I think you might be way off base...if you're talking about college then from what I know, you could be correct. :sssh:

Also, Elliott has 3 of the top 25 with Ethan Faulkner #11, Jonathan Ferguson #15, and Evan Faulkner #22. Not bad for a High School with 320 students.

And all three have been in Sandy Hook and Isonville since they were knee high to a grasshopper. SALUTE!!!

 

From a purely statistical standpoint, that has to be the most amazing fact about the top 25 list.

Also, Elliott has 3 of the top 25 with Ethan Faulkner #11, Jonathan Ferguson #15, and Evan Faulkner #22. Not bad for a High School with 320 students.

And all three have been in Sandy Hook and Isonville since they were knee high to a grasshopper. SALUTE!!!

 

From a purely statistical standpoint, that has to be the most amazing fact about the top 25 list.

 

I agree. For a school that size to have 3 in the top 25 is amazing.

Just curious why didnt Cosby from J-town and Johnson from North Hardin not play last season? And why are they ranked so high if they didnt play last season?

Just curious why didnt Cosby from J-town and Johnson from North Hardin not play last season? And why are they ranked so high if they didnt play last season?

 

Cosby transferred in the middle of the year if I'm not mistaken and Johnson was hurt I believe. Could be wrong though.

Scott County has 4 players, Elliott County 3, GRC 2, and Holmes 2. Holmes could easily argue for a 3d player in the other Johnson as well as GRC. Shelby Valley would have a good argument with a 2d player in Ashley Hatfield along with Justice. Christian County would argue that Wilford should join Wilson on the Top 25. Probably a coin flip on some of these guys. A Top 100would be a lot easier and then don't even number them. Good luck to all teams in what should be a fun year of HS Basketball in the Bluegrass.

Cosby transferred in the middle of the year if I'm not mistaken and Johnson was hurt I believe. Could be wrong though.

 

On the Summer circuit I was told by 5th region fans that Johnson did not play due to academic issues. Can't confirm or deny, but that was what I was told by those from schools in that region. Cosby indeed transferred from Manual to J-Town.

I have got to get down and watch that Elliot county team this tear. I saw them when they were sophmores

I count 12 seniors on the list. Of the 12, only half have committed. Any buzz on where the other six are headed? Looks like #s 2 through 5 on the list haven't signed yet.

 

Anyone seen enough of these young men to have an opinion on their potential success at the college level? I've seen all of them - some only once, some (Sanford, Ferguson) a few times, but not enough to pass judgement.

I have got to get down and watch that Elliot county team this tear. I saw them when they were sophmores

 

They are a fun team to watch.

They are a fun team to watch.

 

Actually, they weren't as fun as usual in their 21 pt. win over Clark County. The game was really a half court game with few run-outs which usually favors the bigger, taller, more athletic teams when Elliott has faced them.

In re-examining the game their half court defense was tremendous despite the height disadvantage they had.

 

Usually Elliott runs a lot more, but it is tougher against the more talented top rated teams to do that. That bodes well for Elliott in that (my opinion) they beat GRC in the type of tempo that GRC wanted.

 

When Elliott plays some of the other 16th region teams (not as strong) they will run and run and run and we will see scores as high as 110-125. Last year they put up something like 134 against Greenup County.

7. Ricardo Johnson Holmes (3) 6-4 Jr. 11.6 N/A

14. Elijah Pittman Holmes (1) 6-6 Jr. 6.3 N/A

 

I count 12 seniors on the list. Of the 12, only half have committed. Any buzz on where the other six are headed? Looks like #s 2 through 5 on the list haven't signed yet.

 

Anyone seen enough of these young men to have an opinion on their potential success at the college level? I've seen all of them - some only once, some (Sanford, Ferguson) a few times, but not enough to pass judgement.

 

Rico is drawing a lot of interest from UC, West Va., Georgetown (U.), UK, Louisville, Western, Miami (OH), and Indiana.

 

Elijah is drawing a lot of interest from Wright State. I spoke with their AAU coach today while doing some volunteer work and he said Wright State has been after him hard since over the summer while playing with the Prophets.

 

J.J Johnson, Ricardo's younger twin brother may appear on this list before the end of the season and Coach Bobby of the QC Prophets, actually thinks JJ might have more potential than Cardo. JJ is drawing a lot of interest from Akron at this point.

  • Author

Maybe the Lexington Herald Leader will provide a better consensus tomorrow in their preview.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.