Owensboro Catholic 28 Trigg County 21

FalconBacker

Trigg led 14-0 at halftime but OCath erased it five minutes into the second half. OCath picked up a fumble and ran it back 25 yards for a score with just over three minutes left for the winning score. Same story, different year for Trigg.

That's unfortunate. I spoke with my son after the game and he was depressed when I told him that OCath had won, he really wanted to play Trigg in the next round of the playoffs........I don't know if that's a sentiment shared by team members or not.

Later.

That's unfortunate. I spoke with my son after the game and he was depressed when I told him that OCath had won, he really wanted to play Trigg in the next round of the playoffs........I don't know if that's a sentiment shared by team members or not.

Later.

I think it was about 50/50. I thought Trigg would win the game, but as is the case so many times, a turnover made the difference.

The only way Trigg County beats Owensboro Catholic is to hire John Edge as head coach. I'm sure it was another case of the Aces making the proper adjustments at halftime and shutting down Trigg in the second half. Can anyone who was there elaborate?