Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does CovCath deserve #2 seeding?

Featured Replies

I actually went and saw CCH tonight at their blue/white scrimmage with a relative of mine and here is what I came away with:

 

Ives is going to be a solid point guard. He looked very good handling the rock and was quick off the dribble.

 

Sorrell can flat out fill it up from outside, but that's about it. Not a very ball handler or defender.

 

Wellbrock is a big body down low but didn't really show anything when he got the ball other than he could make lay ups. Struggled at the charity stripe too and isn't very fast.

 

Maile had a few buckets but if he continues to force things the way he did ALL night, CCH could be in for a LOOOONG season. He really isn't that good or anything special IMO. Good athlete, yes, but not that great of a ball player from what I seen TONIGHT.

 

Shover didn't really play that much but he looked solid when he was in. I think him playing the 2 might be good for him and CCH this year. He needs to drive a little more though and realize he can't just rely on the 3 ball.

 

Counts looked decent and did a good job guarding Maile. Physical player and should help them off the bench but I don't see him being a starter.

 

Now to Thelen....all of the hype that I heard over the summer is just that ; hype. He didn't really impress me at all and looked lost on the defensive end at times. He has trimmed down from last year though.

 

All in all CCH will be a top 3 team this year once they get things going but IMO aren't even on the same level as Holmes and wouldn't beat Boone. CCH will struggle with teams who are athletic and can rebound well.

 

After seeing this who do you expect their starting five to be at the start of the year?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing this who do you expect their starting five to be at the start of the year?

 

If I had to guess:

 

1.Ives

2.Shover

3. Maile (but I'd personally start Counts over him)

4. Wellbrock

5. Isler

 

It wouldn't surprise me though to see Counts start the first few games at the 4 and Wellbrock at the 5 until Isler gets in "basketball shape."

If I had to guess:

 

1.Ives

2.Shover

3. Maile (but I'd personally start Counts over him)

4. Wellbrock

5. Isler

 

It wouldn't surprise me though to see Counts start the first few games at the 4 and Wellbrock at the 5 until Isler gets in "basketball shape."

 

I agree with that.

 

I like Counts, and he will find significant time on the floor, may even average as many if not more than Maile

I agree with that.

 

I like Counts, and he will find significant time on the floor, may even average as many if not more than Maile

 

 

 

From last year, it looks as though Counts has improved his game alot. I look for good things out of him this year, just needs to keep a level head. He can get a little out of control. But the physical way he plays, and his surge of energy is definitely what CCH will need off the bench. [or even when/if he starts the first couple of games.]

So who do you think it will be beating them out, Holy Cross or Beechwood?

 

Either team can beat them, but im going more with HC.

Either team can beat them, but im going more with HC.

 

I've seen HC a few times and after seeing CCH last night, they wouldn't beat them. CCH size is going to give HC fits and the quickness of both Shover and Ives will play a huge role in what the Colonels do offensively.

I agree with that.

 

I like Counts, and he will find significant time on the floor, may even average as many if not more than Maile

 

I'd personally start Counts over Maile. But that's just my opinion. Counts seems to be more of a TEAM player.

My opinion is Maile will bring the team down. He takes to many shots and half of them are not good ones.

I've seen HC a few times and after seeing CCH last night, they wouldn't beat them. CCH size is going to give HC fits and the quickness of both Shover and Ives will play a huge role in what the Colonels do offensively.

 

Uh oh those are fighting terms. Ha. :thumb:

I'd personally start Counts over Maile. But that's just my opinion. Counts seems to be more of a TEAM player.

 

Your opinion plus a $1.50 will get you a coke out of coke machine. :laugh: How does one of the top players in the region go to not starting on a mediocre team.

My opinion is Maile will bring the team down. He takes to many shots and half of them are not good ones.

 

You aren't the only one with that opinion my friend...and I will leave it at that, but let's just say there are a few young men who believe the same. :sssh:

Your opinion plus a $1.50 will get you a coke out of coke machine. :laugh: How does one of the top players in the region go to not starting on a mediocre team.

 

Again...what's best for Maile, may not be what's best for the TEAM. And I will leave it at that.

I actually went and saw CCH tonight at their blue/white scrimmage with a relative of mine and here is what I came away with:

 

Ives is going to be a solid point guard. He looked very good handling the rock and was quick off the dribble.

 

Sorrell can flat out fill it up from outside, but that's about it. Not a very ball handler or defender.

 

Wellbrock is a big body down low but didn't really show anything when he got the ball other than he could make lay ups. Struggled at the charity stripe too and isn't very fast.

 

Maile had a few buckets but if he continues to force things the way he did ALL night, CCH could be in for a LOOOONG season. He really isn't that good or anything special IMO. Good athlete, yes, but not that great of a ball player from what I seen TONIGHT.

 

Shover didn't really play that much but he looked solid when he was in. I think him playing the 2 might be good for him and CCH this year. He needs to drive a little more though and realize he can't just rely on the 3 ball.

 

Counts looked decent and did a good job guarding Maile. Physical player and should help them off the bench but I don't see him being a starter.

 

Now to Thelen....all of the hype that I heard over the summer is just that ; hype. He didn't really impress me at all and looked lost on the defensive end at times. He has trimmed down from last year though.

 

All in all CCH will be a top 3 team this year once they get things going but IMO aren't even on the same level as Holmes and wouldn't beat Boone. CCH will struggle with teams who are athletic and can rebound well.

 

You are right about the players. But for Thelen i think he had an off night.

CCH is going to have a tough time making it out of the district this year. I believe they only have two returning starters? What makes them second in the District this season, let alone top 3 in the Region?

 

 

Holy Cross has beaten CCH like 1 out of the last 15 times they have played. CCH has had less talented teams than this and still beat HC. I like their chances.

You are right about the players. But for Thelen i think he had an off night.

 

 

 

lol. Yeah, probably...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.