Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Senior Football Players

Featured Replies

I wanted to add this thread not because I'm a Senior Mom but because I wanted to take the time to thank all of the senior football players from all of the schools that surround Greenup County and beyond. I have enjoyed(even the ER visits) all of my years that I have spent with Greenup County Football. I did not like football from the very beginning but both of my sons wanted to play and I did not stop them. I have learned to like football and can understand a little of it now. The best part of my sons playing football has been associating with the parents. I have gained life long friends and this is the exra bonus for my sons to play. I have heard many nay sayers about Soph's rule and Freshman are the best and I guess they(senior parents) are doing their own thing. It is a team made up of Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. It takes it all to make a team. My son is an offensive lineman(I never get to hear his name but I sure see the hole he makes so that a running back or quarterback can get through, but I don't care he is a Musketeer and proud of it.

There has been a lot said about the parents of GCHS but I know it happens at all the other schools - it's just our "laundry" gets exposed more than others.

I want to thank all the senior boys for playing football and sticking with it for all those years. My hat is off to all the parents that are supporting their children(which is the most important thing) and THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES you have given to your school, your family, and our state of Kentucky.

Good Luck to all the teams during playoffs and remember have fun and enjoy your senior year.

Nice post mom55.

 

I think it is important that we realize that 1. these are young men and 2. they have dedicated many months and hours to practice and off season programs in order to play on Friday night. I think that we should take into account what they have sacrificed, in order to be out on that field.

 

I want to let all the seniors in the area, especially those that have been in my home almost every Thursday night this season that I am proud of all of you and you have a special place in my heart. I will miss you guys when this season is over.

I wanted to add this thread not because I'm a Senior Mom but because I wanted to take the time to thank all of the senior football players from all of the schools that surround Greenup County and beyond. I have enjoyed(even the ER visits) all of my years that I have spent with Greenup County Football. I did not like football from the very beginning but both of my sons wanted to play and I did not stop them. I have learned to like football and can understand a little of it now. The best part of my sons playing football has been associating with the parents. I have gained life long friends and this is the exra bonus for my sons to play. I have heard many nay sayers about Soph's rule and Freshman are the best and I guess they(senior parents) are doing their own thing. It is a team made up of Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. It takes it all to make a team. My son is an offensive lineman(I never get to hear his name but I sure see the hole he makes so that a running back or quarterback can get through, but I don't care he is a Musketeer and proud of it.

There has been a lot said about the parents of GCHS but I know it happens at all the other schools - it's just our "laundry" gets exposed more than others.

I want to thank all the senior boys for playing football and sticking with it for all those years. My hat is off to all the parents that are supporting their children(which is the most important thing) and THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES you have given to your school, your family, and our state of Kentucky.

Good Luck to all the teams during playoffs and remember have fun and enjoy your senior year.

 

I too am a Senior footballmom, even for a team with the same initials (Grant County High School). You couldn't have put it any better, and I too feel that it is an honor to have been associated with the football team since these kids were playing in 2nd grade. Not only am I going to see my own son complete his playing season, my 11 other:thumb: adopted boys will too. I love each and everyone of these kids and have seen them through thick and thin. I am so proud of the accomplishments they have made this year. Thanks boys for the memories and for the time and effort that you have put in to make this season a successful one!

I wish all Senior boys from all classes the best of luck in their playoffs and take the time to enjoy yourselves and have fun, because you don't know when or if you will get to play on the field again.

Edited by 51braves

I too am a Senior footballmom, even for a team with the same initials (Grant County High School). You couldn't have put it any better, and I too feel that it is an honor to have been associated with the football team since these kids were playing in 2nd grade. Not only am I going to see my own son complete his playing season, my 11 other:thumb: adopted boys will too. I love each and everyone of these kids and have seen them through thick and thin. I am so proud of the accomplishments they have made this year. Thanks boys for the memories and for the time and effort that you have put in to make this season a successful one!

I wish all Senior boys from all classes the best of luck in their playoffs and take the time to enjoy yourselves and have fun, because you don't know when or if you will get to play on the field again.

 

Nice post, too!:thumb:

Great post. That's the most postive comment from GCHS I've heard in awhile.

You senior parents have done great things for the boys and for the fans. I hope you guys still continue to tailgate even after your boys are graduated. I really enjoy the pre game meal.....Thanks for your hard work and dedication Mom55, and thanks to your boys as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.