Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boys Soccer: Highlands 2; Ryle 1

Featured Replies

Birds won another athletic contest. Got to watch this one (well, at least the second half or period or whatever they call it in soccer). Great job boys. :thumb: Keep it going.

can someone explain why the referee decided not to add atleast a minute of stoppage time at the end of the game?

There is no "stoppage time" in high school soccer per NFHS rules.

 

Great win!!!

Okay I see. When the Highlands player had to stop to go back and get his shinguard I noticed the referee playing with his watch. I thought he stopped the clock because of that. But he apparently didn't

Okay I see. When the Highlands player had to stop to go back and get his shinguard I noticed the referee playing with his watch. I thought he stopped the clock because of that. But he apparently didn't

 

He probably did stop his watch. The official time is usually kept on the field by the officials and the scoreboard is just a guide in this case. The NFHS rules do allow for the official to stop time during the match. Time is stopped in high school matches after a goal, a caution, a disqualification, an injury, or at the referees discretion. "Stoppage time" usually refers to time "added" on at the end. That does not occur in high school soccer per NFHS rules. Unlike NFHS rules, in FIFA rules, the clock runs throughout the match so "stoppage time" is added to account for injuries, goals, etc that occur while the clock runs.

Maybe he was cold and wanted to get home because they sure left in a hurry quickest exit Ive seen from a group of officals

  • Author
He probably did stop his watch. The official time is usually kept on the field by the officials and the scoreboard is just a guide in this case. The NFHS rules do allow for the official to stop time during the match. Time is stopped in high school matches after a goal, a caution, a disqualification, an injury, or at the referees discretion. "Stoppage time" usually refers to time "added" on at the end. That does not occur in high school soccer per NFHS rules. Unlike NFHS rules, in FIFA rules, the clock runs throughout the match so "stoppage time" is added to account for injuries, goals, etc that occur while the clock runs.

 

Thanks Gunner. I, to no surprise of many, didn't know that. Heck Gunner, if I keep reading your posts in re soccer I may eventually figure this sport out just a little bit.:D Go Birds!

Thanks Gunner. I, to no surprise of many, didn't know that. Heck Gunner, if I keep reading your posts in re soccer I may eventually figure this sport out just a little bit.:D Go Birds!

 

Could be a trade off. Maybe you could teach me about the nuances of the pulling guard, or trap blocking, or misdirection plays...:ylsuper:

Great win Birds!

 

Roll Birds Roll!

He probably did stop his watch. The official time is usually kept on the field by the officials and the scoreboard is just a guide in this case. The NFHS rules do allow for the official to stop time during the match. Time is stopped in high school matches after a goal, a caution, a disqualification, an injury, or at the referees discretion. "Stoppage time" usually refers to time "added" on at the end. That does not occur in high school soccer per NFHS rules. Unlike NFHS rules, in FIFA rules, the clock runs throughout the match so "stoppage time" is added to account for injuries, goals, etc that occur while the clock runs.

 

Thanks for the explanation! I think if Ryle plays the first half like they played the second half, with a sense of urgency to score, its a different game. In the first half Ryle only kept two guys up on offense and left it up to them to get the scoring done. In the secnod half they finally put 4 and 5 guys up on offense when the ball was in the Highlands zone. Of course they were down by 1 and 2 goals, but the ball stayed in the Highlands end for most of the second half. Good job by the Highlands defense/midfield to keep Ryle from scoring 2 in the second half. If only Ryle wanted to score in the first half instead of keep Highlands from scoring the game might be different. But congrats to Highlands and I hope you guys represent northern kentucky well!

No one has asked the question so I will:

 

How bad and where was the foul that resulted in the PK?

Thanks for the explanation! I think if Ryle plays the first half like they played the second half, with a sense of urgency to score, its a different game. In the first half Ryle only kept two guys up on offense and left it up to them to get the scoring done. In the secnod half they finally put 4 and 5 guys up on offense when the ball was in the Highlands zone. Of course they were down by 1 and 2 goals, but the ball stayed in the Highlands end for most of the second half. Good job by the Highlands defense/midfield to keep Ryle from scoring 2 in the second half. If only Ryle wanted to score in the first half instead of keep Highlands from scoring the game might be different. But congrats to Highlands and I hope you guys represent northern kentucky well!

 

:thumb:

  • Author
Could be a trade off. Maybe you could teach me about the nuances of the pulling guard, or trap blocking, or misdirection plays...:ylsuper:

 

 

Deal.:thumb:

No one has asked the question so I will:

 

How bad and where was the foul that resulted in the PK?

 

Let's just say if I didn't know any better I would have thought it was George Clooney out there playing soccer. :D

But from my perspective it looked like a good hard shoulder to shoulder battle for the ball. The Highlands player fell over, whethet it was a flop or not, and got the call. IMO if the Highlands stayed on his feet, which he could have done, then there wouldn't be a call. But that's just part of the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.