• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, the title should read "Chicago plans for 1 million at election party"

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/obama.election.night.2.850668.html

That's fine. If Obama wins, it's a huge party.

But if Obama loses, does anyone believe that that WON'T turn into a riot?

I am sorry, but exactly what purpose does it serve to predict a riot, other than to say "I told you so"?

I am sure the police are preparing for it. Maybe it won't happen. Either way, the argument serves zero purpose.

I am sorry, but exactly what purpose does it serve to predict a riot, other than to say "I told you so"?

I am sure the police are preparing for it. Maybe it won't happen. Either way, the argument serves zero purpose.

What would be so wrong with that? Many feel if he loses there will be riots, it's not a wild stretch.

What would be so wrong with that? Many feel if he loses there will be riots, it's not a wild stretch.

I am not saying it is a wild stretch or not. I am just saying that this is the 2nd thread we have had on the topic. People are arguing whether or not there will be a riot. I just feel we could have more fruitful discussions, because riots will or will not occur regardless of what points we make here.

I am not saying it is a wild stretch or not. I am just saying that this is the 2nd thread we have had on the topic. People are arguing whether or not there will be a riot. I just feel we could have more fruitful discussions, because riots will or will not occur regardless of what points we make here.
I think the riot question is a valid point since Obama did everything he could to inject race into whether or not people would vote for him.

I think the riot question is a valid point since Obama did everything he could to inject race into whether or not people would vote for him.
:thumb: Choosing to hold a victory celebration outside in Chicago following a hotly contested election seems reckless to me. The more responsible thing to do would be to plan a party for the following day. Providing security for an election night event, especially if the race is too close to call early, is going to cost somebody a fortune.

Oh, for the love of God! :rolleyes:

This is insane! If McCain were planning an outdoor election party outdoors in Arizona for 1 million, would you be predicting a riot?

No, I wouldn't, but I do not believe that McCain would plan a large election night victory party, knowing that the results of the election might not be decided for days or even weeks. Obama is inviting disaster and he is smart enough to know exactly what he is doing.

No, I wouldn't, but I do not believe that McCain would plan a large election night victory party, knowing that the results of the election might not be decided for days or even weeks. Obama is inviting disaster and he is smart enough to know exactly what he is doing.

It doesn't matter what McCain would or wouldn't do. I'm sure riots would be the last thing on his mind if he did plan such a party.

Why is Obama inviting disaster? Are the supporters of Obama so much more unruly than those of McCain?

It doesn't matter what McCain would or wouldn't do. I'm sure riots would be the last thing on his mind if he did plan such a party.

Why is Obama inviting disaster? Are the supporters of Obama so much more unruly than those of McCain?

McCain is not the one presumptiously planning the million person victory party on Chicago's south side - Obama is. If Obama wins or loses in a landslide and the election results match the pre-vote polls, then I would not expect much violence.

If, however, no winner is declared that night and voter fraud is alleged (as it would be by at least one of Obama's 9,000 lawyers), then the last place in the world that I would want be on election night is Chicago. Obama is providing the fuel and all that will be needed for a raging fire to break out will be a spark.