Obama's comment on his daughters becoming pregnant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with Obama's comment?

I find it funny none of Obama supporters wants to to touch the actual topic of this thread.

I think his take on abortion should be the least of this country's worries right now. And I also love how republicans are such a pillar of truth and morality, when John McCain is working on wife no. 2 as we speak, but that's just fine for him to do that.

He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

I think his take on abortion should be the least of this country's worries right now. And I also love how republicans are such a pillar of truth and morality, when John McCain is working on wife no. 2 as we speak, but that's just fine for him to do that.
You are either without sin or apparently did not feel constrained by your previous post. :D

OK, one more time. What does McCain being on his second marriage have to do with Obama thinking a child is punishment? I am not a republican. And if I were what would it have to do with this thread. I am asking a simple question that the Obama fanboys don't seem to want to answer.

Do you think a child is a punishment?

OK, one more time. What does McCain being on his second marriage have to do with Obama thinking a child is punishment? I am not a republican. And if I were what would it have to do with this thread. I am asking a simple question that the Obama fanboys don't seem to want to answer.

Do you think a child is a punishment?

Here is what he means by his quote, which was discussed as nausuem back in the spring primary season -

If his daughter was raped, and she did not want to carry a rapist's child to term, it would feel like punishment to her if she was forced to carry the offspring of a rapist to term. Not only was she raped but she would be reminded every day of her life about that rape because of an unwanted pregnancy and the birth of that child.

Now, if you can't understand that feeling or if you disagree with it, it is fine. But you are being intellectually dishonest if you think it was much more than that.

Can we move on to his next flaw, outside of wanting to protect his daughters right to choose?

McCain would want his daughter to choose to, after a family discussion. So despite his rhetoric he would not force his daughter to carry an unwanted pregnancy through. He has said so much himself. So who is being dishonest about their stance. At least you know where Obama is. Where is McCain, really?

Here is what he means by his quote, which was discussed as nausuem back in the spring primary season -

If his daughter was raped, and she did not want to carry a rapist's child to term, it would feel like punishment to her if she was forced to carry the offspring of a rapist to term. Not only was she raped but she would be reminded every day of her life about that rape because of an unwanted pregnancy and the birth of that child.

Now, if you can't understand that feeling or if you disagree with it, it is fine. But you are being intellectually dishonest if you think it was much more than that.

Can we move on to his next flaw, outside of wanting to protect his daughters right to choose?

McCain would want his daughter to choose to, after a family discussion. So despite his rhetoric he would not force his daughter to carry an unwanted pregnancy through. He has said so much himself. So who is being dishonest about their stance. At least you know where Obama is. Where is McCain, really?

That is not what he said and you are being intellectually dishonest attempting to spin this. His exact words were...

"if they make a mistake I don't want them punished with a baby"

Now how do you turn that into that he was talking about if they were raped?

Spin much?

That is not what he said and you are being intellectually dishonest attempting to spin this. His exact words were...

"if they make a mistake I don't want them punished with a baby"

Now how do you turn that into that he was talking about if they were raped?

Spin much?

I was attempting to create a scenario . . . however, I am still of the opinion that if someone is FORCED to carry to term an unwanted pregnancy they are being punished. And for the record, I do not believe that abortion is murder and we can go back and forth on this as much as you like. So . . . if I don't believe a soul is destroyed I can easily believe it is punishment. You (the general you) may feel that a soul is destroyed, but both of us are merely stating what we think and neither can PROVE their position with objective facts . . .

So let the abortion thing go . . . People who are pro-choice are probably going to remain pro-choice and will not be "scared" or "offended" by what Obama has to say in that regard. People who are pro-life are probably going to remain pro-life (although I was anti-aobrtion in high school and much of college) and are going to be deeply offended by what Obama says in that vein - so there you go.

As I said before, at least Obama is fairly - and you can pass your own judment here - honest about his pro-Choice stance. What is McCain's stance? He did say that it would be his daughter's choice did he not?

I was attempting to create a scenario . . . however, I am still of the opinion that if someone is FORCED to carry to term an unwanted pregnancy they are being punished. And for the record, I do not believe that abortion is murder and we can go back and forth on this as much as you like. So . . . if I don't believe a soul is destroyed I can easily believe it is punishment. You (the general you) may feel that a soul is destroyed, but both of us are merely stating what we think and neither can PROVE their position with objective facts . . .

So let the abortion thing go . . . People who are pro-choice are probably going to remain pro-choice and will not be "scared" or "offended" by what Obama has to say in that regard. People who are pro-life are probably going to remain pro-life (although I was anti-aobrtion in high school and much of college) and are going to be deeply offended by what Obama says in that vein - so there you go.

As I said before, at least Obama is fairly - and you can pass your own judment here - honest about his pro-Choice stance. What is McCain's stance? He did say that it would be his daughter's choice did he not?

No, you weren't trying to create a senario but nice try. You said

Here is what he means by his quote, which was discussed as nausuem back in the spring primary season

You were trying to spin what he said and as it turns out you didn't even know his exactly what he said. I call you on it and the wheels come off your argument. You start spinning more then the best you can some up with is "let it go". On top of that he didn't say that carrying the baby was the punishment. He said the baby itself is the punishment.

I will agree that Pro-Choice will probably always be Pro-Choice and Pro-Life will probalby always be Pro-Life.

As far as the last part of you post. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice, how would it not be McCain's daughters choice? And what does McCain's daughters stance on abortion have to do with his?

No, you weren't trying to create a senario but nice try. You said

You were trying to spin what he said and as it turns out you didn't even know his exactly what he said. I call you on it and the wheels come off your argument. You start spinning more then the best you can some up with is "let it go". On top of that he didn't say that carrying the baby was the punishment. He said the baby itself is the punishment.

I will agree that Pro-Choice will probably always be Pro-Choice and Pro-Life will probalby always be Pro-Life.

As far as the last part of you post. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice, how would it not be McCain's daughters choice? And what does McCain's daughters stance on abortion have to do with his?

You know what, I don't get in trouble if you call me on something and, I am not trying to lie about anything. OBAMA IS PRO CHOICE - HE THINKS IT WOULD BE BAD IF SOMEONE MADE HIS DAUGHTER CARRY A PREGNANCY TO FULL TERM IF THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE WOULD CHOOSE - Is there anything that is missing from that statementThat statement that he had at that rally has been discussed as nauseum. As was said before it is old news. and FWIW you are still be dishonest in that you know good and well what he meant.

McCain claims to be pro-Life, then when the situation was presented to him, he said it would be his daughter's choice. That is pro-Choice. That is what all pro-choice people say. When someone is pregnant, it is their choice. He did not say - "no I would not allow my daughter to have an abortion b/c it is a sin" - he said he would give his daughter the choice.

You know what, I don't get in trouble if you call me on something and, I am not trying to lie about anything. OBAMA IS PRO CHOICE - HE THINKS IT WOULD BE BAD IF SOMEONE MADE HIS DAUGHTER CARRY A PREGNANCY TO FULL TERM IF THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE WOULD CHOOSE - Is there anything that is missing from that statementThat statement that he had at that rally has been discussed as nauseum. As was said before it is old news. and FWIW you are still be dishonest in that you know good and well what he meant.

McCain claims to be pro-Life, then when the situation was presented to him, he said it would be his daughter's choice. That is pro-Choice. That is what all pro-choice people say. When someone is pregnant, it is their choice. He did not say - "no I would not allow my daughter to have an abortion b/c it is a sin" - he said he would give his daughter the choice.

Because you say I am being dishonest doesn't make it so. That is not what he meant and it sure isn't what he said. Again, spin it to fit what you want but you would be wrong.

Again I will quote exactly what he said...

if they make a mistake I don't want them punished with a baby

Those are his exact words.

I can't address the McCain portion of your post without repeating myself. See my previous quote for my response.