Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East Media Poll

Featured Replies

PRESEASON COACHES’ POLL

 

1. UConn.

2. Louisville

3. Pittsburgh

4. Notre Dame

5. Villanova

6. Marquette

7. Georgetown

8. Syracuse

9. West Virginia

10. Providence

11. Cincinnati

12. Rutgers

13. Seton Hall

14. St. John’s

15. DePaul

16. USF

 

PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR

 

Luke Harangody, Notre Dame

 

CO-ROOKIES OF THE YEAR

 

Greg Monroe, Georgetown

Samardo Samuels, Louisville

 

ALL BIG-EAST TEAM

 

Luke Harangody, Notre Dame

Deonta VAughn, Cincinnati

AJ Price, UConn

Hasheem Thabeet, UConn

DaJuan Summers, Georgetown

Terrence Williams, Louisville

Jerel McNeal, Marquette

Kyle McAlarney, NOtre Dame

Sam Young, Pittsburgh

Jonny Flynn, Syracuse

Scottie Reynolds, Villanova

 

HONORABLE MENTION

 

Jeff Adrien, UConn

Earl Clark, Louisville

Dominic James, Marquette

Personally I think UofL is a more well rounded team than UConn and deeper as well but UConn obviously has a huge advantage right off the bat with Thabeet. UofL's front court will be great in time but they're very inexperienced right now. What kind of reach does Samuels have? I would imagine Clark/Jennings will be sharing the time guarding him.

  • Author

I think they missed big time on Freshman of the Year. Kemba Walker is going to be a star...

I think they missed big time on Freshman of the Year. Kemba Walker is going to be a star...

 

I agree. I believe he will be the top freshman point guard in the country this year. Greg Monroe is extremely lazy and didn't even score in the McDonald's All American game. I would much rather have Samuels or Walker than Monroe.

 

 

As for the rankings, without knowing too much about their teams I would think Georgetown would be stronger than Marquette.

As for the rankings, without knowing too much about their teams I would think Georgetown would be stronger than Marquette.

I'll take Marquette. GTown will be good but they lost some good players last year. Marquette will be very experienced.

  • Author
Earl Clark = BEast player of the year.

UL will be too balanced for him to get that IMO...

I'll take Marquette. GTown will be good but they lost some good players last year. Marquette will be very experienced.

 

After looking into it a little more I realized that Dominic James is back for Marquette. I thought he graduated.

 

 

As for Big East player of the year, I think the way he scores the POY could be Scotty Reynolds.

  • Author
I agree. I believe he will be the top freshman point guard in the country this year. Greg Monroe is extremely lazy and didn't even score in the McDonald's All American game. I would much rather have Samuels or Walker than Monroe.

 

 

I'd take Gates over Monroe every day of the week...

I'd take Gates over Monroe every day of the week...

 

I agree. I saw both play and Gates played much harder than Monroe.

I never liked Monroe when I watch him play. While I cant judge too much cause I only saw him a few times, I really did not like the way he played. Very lazy.

UL will be too balanced for him to get that IMO...

 

I agree. Too many good players contributing for one to stand out that much IMO.

UL will be too balanced for him to get that IMO...

I'm happy to say that I agree.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.