Calloway vs. Mayfield Predictions

GoBigRed

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Mayfield
    • Calloway

I'm looking for Mayfield to run the ball and try to exploit the run defense of Calloway, which has shown problems against the run. If the passing game can continue on its path that we've seen in the past two games, it could be a good night for Mayfield. Mayfield had little to no offense against the Lakers last year and I am looking for the coaches to use last years game to be the motivation to come in prepared and play fundamental football. The pass defense has greatly improved over the past 2 weeks, but against teams that don't typically pass the ball, but still improved to what has been going on the rest of the season.

I dont think much of Calloways defense, but their offense is extremely effective.....IMO, Calloway will win by 2 touchdowns. I am just hoping that, as previously metioned, Mayfield will use last year's poor showing to motivate themselves. If they don't bring their gameface the score will be worse than last year's.

I also like the fact that Mayfield got that Fulton County game under their belt, a lesser opponent that allowed them to work on some things they can't in big games. I think this year is different than any other because, traditionally, even when Mayfield struggled early in the season they always managed to pull it together and get back to the semi-finals at least. Not to mention, we didn't loose a district game for 27 years and all of the sudden we lose two in two years. I didn't expect Mayfield to ALWAYS be this dominant, but we are dropping off fast and hard......Friday night would be the perfect opportunity for Mayfield to build some much needed momentum.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Calloway by 2-3 scores. Mayfield is improving, but pass defense is their weakness and the Lakers' bread and butter. Mayfield will score a few times and will still be a force in the post-season as they continue to improve. But the Lakers know that they now have second life for a district title with Hop Central's win at Lone Oak. Look for Calloway to turn it up a notch on both sides of the ball with renewed energy and focus. The Laker offense is finally clicking behind Brockman and Willis continues to beast.