Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy QB trade? sit/start? questions

Featured Replies

Don't play Edie Royal.

 

I thought Royal would be a good play. They're now saying he is going to go and the Jags have a terrible pass def.

Here's my questions for the week...

 

RB - Steve Slaton (MIA) or Thomas Jones (@ Cin)

 

WR - Jerricho Cotchery (@ Cin) or DeSean Jackson (@ SF)

Here's my questions for the week...

 

RB - Steve Slaton (MIA) or Thomas Jones (@ Cin)

 

WR - Jerricho Cotchery (@ Cin) or DeSean Jackson (@ SF)

 

Cotchery and Jones....LT struggled mightily last week against Miami, and well when you've got guys playing the Bengals, you have to start them.

Cotchery and Jones....LT struggled mightily last week against Miami, and well when you've got guys playing the Bengals, you have to start them.

 

:lol::thumb:

Cotchery and Jones....LT struggled mightily last week against Miami, and well when you've got guys playing the Bengals, you have to start them.

 

LT has pretty much struggled all year. But, I've decided to go with Jones. Opposing RB's have fared pretty well vs. Cincinnati and the Dolphins have held up fairly well. In fact, Thomas Jones is the only back that has had a good game against Miami. Here's how the Dolphins have fared against opposing RB's:

 

Week 2 (@ Arizona) - 28 rushes, 79 yds, 1 TD (2.8 ypc)

Week 3 (@ NE) - 16 rushes, 55 yds (3.4 ypc)

Week 4 (SD) - 18 rushes, 59 yds (3.3 ypc)

 

Thomas Jones had 22 rushes for 101 yards and a TD. The matchup wins out here. Jones is due for a good game and Cincy hasn't stopped the run all year.

 

As for the WR's, I'm leaning toward Jackson.

 

1) Westbrook and Reggie Brown are out this week and the Eagles are facing a must win game, IMO. Jackson will be their best playmaker, so they'll be trying to get him the ball. He'd been a consistent target for the Eagles all year, until last week. I expect him to get more involved.

 

2) The best game a WR has had against the Bengals this year is 67 yds and a TD.

 

3) The 49ers have allowed big plays in the passing game, especially the last couple of weeks.

 

4) There's always the threat that Jackson might score a TD on a punt return.

 

But, I'm just leaning. This is a tough decision. And one I have to make, thanks to the biggest bust in fantasy football this year...Braylon Edwards. I probably won't decided until about 12:45 on Sunday, and then I'll just make a gut decision and roll with it.

The Dolphins' run D has been solid, but Steve Slaton is just as dangerous catching passes out of the backfield. With the way he's been playing, you have to have him in your lineup.

 

I'm starting Thomas Jones & Steve Slaton for my backfield. I'm benching Felix Jones & Joseph Addai (against Baltimore). I wish I could start 4 RB's. :D

The Dolphins' run D has been solid, but Steve Slaton is just as dangerous catching passes out of the backfield. With the way he's been playing, you have to have him in your lineup.

 

I'm starting Thomas Jones & Steve Slaton for my backfield. I'm benching Felix Jones & Joseph Addai (against Baltimore). I wish I could start 4 RB's. :D

 

I've got Steven Jackson. I'm not benching him. He's good for 9 or 10 points almost every week.

 

Chris Johnson is my #2 back, but they're on a bye this week. I may regret it, but I feel better about Jones this week. Slaton had a huge game against Indy. Every RB has a good game against them. His stats against Tennessee were largely due to one long run.

 

My toughest decision is the WR's. I have Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery and DeSean Jackson (and Bobby Engram).

 

I'm playing the #1 team in my league this week and he's got some favorable matchups. I really need some guys to have big games. As bad as he's been to date, Braylon Edwards is the guy with the most potential for a monster game...coming off a bye, I'm almost tempted to start him and take a shot that he and Moss will have big weeks.

 

I'm probably not going to win anyway, so I'm considering rolling the dice and starting all the guys with the highest upside, which would be Slaton and Edwards, IMO.

 

It's a tough decision....the one thing I am confident of, considering my season to date, is that whoever I decide to leave on the bench is the guys that will have the huge game.

I agree with 5wide, you don't bench Romo unless he's on the bye week.

 

5W, I would go with Jackson (Brown is out this week), and Thomas Jones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.