Williamsburg vs. Madison Southern

TheReturn

Williamsburg does have a good team. I agree.I really like coach Herron. He's one of the best coaches to deal with. Actually, I've been fortunate to have good coaches to deal with in all of the sports. I know this is off the subject, but I'm glad the Dodgers beat the Cubbies.

I have considered starting a dodgeball team in the tri-county area. Semi-pro dodgeball might be a good idea especially when the new civic center is complete..lol

Not sure my diabetes would allow me to play, but I could give out directions, pop some corn or at least do the PA.

The truth is McCreary could have scored 40 per half on M.S. but could not take care of the ball. Turnovers were a direct result in 21 of M.S. points. 4 out of the 5 TD's scored were passes over the top. I said all of that to get to this: W-burgs D-line and LBers are definately able to shut down M.S.'s running game and M.S. isn't much of a throwing threat. W-burg's Offense will pick apart M.S.'s "D" and because of the passing game the TB will have well over 100 yards. All of this factored in and I would have to say W-burg wins by 40 unless they play at Madison Southern then it will be closer!:ylsuper:

Well in defense of the players at Southern, those kids simply turned the ball over in the fourth quarter. This game with Williamsburg will be a dogfight. Southern actually has a pretty competitive team, they have just shot themselves in the foot in key situations. Coach Brumley has a group of tough minded kids who just need to believe in each other. Southern has a great Junior class, and with a great offseason the future should be bright. I will always support Madison Southern, and the fans down there need to support them as well.

Penalties and Turnovers will decide this game. Both teams have athletes and play hard but can be undisciplined.I believe Williamsburg has better talent and should win but they have the ability to keep teams in games and when that happens you can get beat like Williamsburg did in this game last year. If the Jackets play smart they will win by 12.

Well in defense of the players at Southern, those kids simply turned the ball over in the fourth quarter. This game with Williamsburg will be a dogfight. Southern actually has a pretty competitive team, they have just shot themselves in the foot in key situations. Coach Brumley has a group of tough minded kids who just need to believe in each other. Southern has a great Junior class, and with a great offseason the future should be bright. I will always support Madison Southern, and the fans down there need to support them as well.

You are first class slapfest07, keep supporting them kids because they deserve it. I think you guys played a great game ad both teams faught hard. I think the officials got carried away at times (like giving Rico the unsportsman like when he gave Watts a little lov'in for a great hit) no one on the McCreary sideline was happy with that call. Rico is a great athlete and was very sportsman like all night. I wish Madison Southern all the best with the rest of your season. My prediction for this game is 7 points either way!

I'm usually the one hammering on about their schedule, but Herron has really updated the competition, IMO, since he took over.

They have played LCA and Frankfort the last 2 years, plus Campbellsville and us (LC) in the district. Bath Co. is not slouchy, and McCreary has a couple of very good college prospects on their team. Madison Southern this week throws athletes at W'burg and has more kids. I have to give them credit, the scheduling is much improved now.

I in no way was trying to put Madison So. down. They played hard and were very respectfull on the field. I was just pointing out that McCreary had double digit turnovers in this game. We (the fans) didn;t think the officiating was very good but that is part of what you deal with in some weeks. The turnovers are something that can be prevented as well as the penalties McCreary needs to do better in both areas. They were lucky to come out of this game with a win. Good luck to Madison So Friday night!:ylsuper:

This is going to be a tough game. Whoever wins the turn over battle wins this game. I think it comes down to how many INTs the Williamsburg QB throws. IMHO Southern has better athletes but somehow can't find ways to win the close games.