Williamsburg vs. Madison Southern

TheReturn

Does MS have many returning players from the team that beat W'burg last year?

If it's at Southern, and Southern has most starters back, I'll go with Southern due to team speed. Mistakes kept this game close last year, both ways. Could be a factor friday, also.

Williamsburg with ease.

Southern blew a 35-6 lead against McCreary Central last week and lost by one.

Herron's Jackets roll.

There is another way to look at that. Madison Southern is obviously talented enough to break a big lead against Mcreary. I say they will be focused after blowing it down the stretch against the raiders.

The truth is McCreary could have scored 40 per half on M.S. but could not take care of the ball. Turnovers were a direct result in 21 of M.S. points. 4 out of the 5 TD's scored were passes over the top. I said all of that to get to this: W-burgs D-line and LBers are definately able to shut down M.S.'s running game and M.S. isn't much of a throwing threat. W-burg's Offense will pick apart M.S.'s "D" and because of the passing game the TB will have well over 100 yards. All of this factored in and I would have to say W-burg wins by 40 unless they play at Madison Southern then it will be closer!:ylsuper:

The truth is McCreary could have scored 40 per half on M.S. but could not take care of the ball. Turnovers were a direct result in 21 of M.S. points. 4 out of the 5 TD's scored were passes over the top. I said all of that to get to this: W-burgs D-line and LBers are definately able to shut down M.S.'s running game and M.S. isn't much of a throwing threat. W-burg's Offense will pick apart M.S.'s "D" and because of the passing game the TB will have well over 100 yards. All of this factored in and I would have to say W-burg wins by 40 unless they play at Madison Southern then it will be closer!:ylsuper:

I agree W-burg should easily win this game but I can give first hand testomony that if it is played at Madison Southern the odds are against you blowing them out. We had 9 straight penalties called against us on our 2nd offensive series calling back a TD and a couple of very good runs. That was just a small example of how our game was officiated. My advice to W-burg (who is definately the better team) is to stay positive and work together no matter what happens during the course of the game, that is if it is played at M.S.

I say Jackets roll because they're the better team. I don't think Herron's boys are getting enough credit.

Who is not giving them credit? They are ranked #7 in class A ball. They are praised by the paper and coaches in the area. They have been favored in almost every game this year. I have not seen them slighted. Who's not recognizing them as being a good football team?

Surely Les is not trading his Cards in to become a Jacket fan nowadays......lol

Jackets deserve their Ranking. I just hope they can win a couple games in the playoffs to show everyone they belong where they are ranked. Make it to December the 5th and all will believe. Anything less than that is another good season that failed to meet expectations.