Newport Central Catholic 23 Holy Cross 7

bredsmom

Yeah, but you don't see it from HC too often. Markel looked decent... He had a few bad throws where he missed a receiver (two that I can recall) but receivers killed him with dropped passes today. There should have been at least two balls caught for touchdowns. Interestingly enough, Ziegler was hardly thrown to at all today.
When he threw long he threw too long . Holy Cross's best passer today was the halfback . By the way how many yards did Roenker end up with ? No secret agenda just curious .

Enough to make a difference .All three TDs were on passes . One to Rawe , one to Escalante , one to Parr .

I'd say we can put a check mark in the "passing" column then.

I have not watched West play this year yet but so far Kues is the best qb I've seen and he didn't pass that great in the game I saw him. He is a tremendous dual-threat weapon.

I'd say we can put a check mark in the "passing" column then.

I have not watched West play this year yet but so far Kues is the best qb I've seen and he didn't pass that great in the game I saw him. He is a tremendous dual-threat weapon.

Hope he will be alright in 2 weeks . Got hurt playing defense .

When he threw long he threw too long . Holy Cross's best passer today was the halfback . By the way how many yards did Roenker end up with ? No secret agenda just curious .

I don't know about that. There were plenty of catchable balls that weren't caught. Also, some balls that receivers don't get too doesn't mean it was a bad throw. I can think of two occasions where receivers slowed up when they started looking for the ball, and as a result didn't quite get there. As for Roenker, there's no doubt he's the best player on the team. He would be the best QB, best RB, and best WR. It's just what makes HC better? I would probably have to say with as much as they like to run, he's better off at RB as Walker is the second best athlete and is no slouch at QB.

Good game by HC today, showed a lot of heart and played well... Referees were an issue though with numerous bad calls that would have maybe changed the outcome, but I am not one to blame refs for wins or losses, you need to play through the bad calls, it is just a burden that you have to overcome. But the refs were awful in this game.

Also HC kept making mental mistakes like false starts in the end zone, you cant have that, especially in crucial situations. With that being said, I think HC played with a ton of heart and if they continue to play like this they will have success in the future

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Good game by HC today, showed a lot of heart and played well... Referees were an issue though with numerous bad calls that would have maybe changed the outcome, but i am not one to blame refs for wins or losses, you need to play through the bad calls, it is just a burden that you have to overcome. But the refs were awful in this game.

Also HC kept making mental mistakes like false starts in the end zone, you cant have that, especially in crucial situations. With that being said, i think HC played with a ton of heart and if they continue to play like this they will have success in the future

Are you predicting a win against Ryle perhaps?:sssh:

Yeah, but you don't see it from HC too often. Markel looked decent... He had a few bad throws where he missed a receiver (two that I can recall) but receivers killed him with dropped passes today. There should have been at least two balls caught for touchdowns. Interestingly enough, Ziegler was hardly thrown to at all today.

Ziegler had a couple catches while he was in there, but he was sidelined near the end of the second quarter and had to sit out the remainder of the game. Not sure on the seriousness of it, but hopefully nothing big as he is a great athlete as well as kid.:thumb: