September 3, 200818 yr ... that Big buck that has been lingering in the woods all year! I am ready for this huntin season how many other people already have everything set up. I just bout my new stand yesterday. A Summit Goliath! I love it so far!!
September 3, 200818 yr Good luck to you Rebel Bred I loved bow hunting (along with all of it), I am now physically unable to get out much if any but hunting and fishing are the greatest sports of any. Stay safe and go out and get you some backstraps for the grill.
September 3, 200818 yr Looking forward to bow season myself. Will be filling the feeders again this weekend. There have been 4 8pts and a 10 on the farm we hunt. I hope my midget whacks one. I also have a goliath. Love it. I don't get to use it much because I am usually in the 2man with my youngest. However, I make sure that I get out during some school days so I can fly solo!!!
September 3, 200818 yr Like others have stated, I am also looking forward to another fun season of bowhunting. I have high hopes of taking a buck in velvet but if a slickhead decides to ramble by then the game plan will change. The Doe Bow is ready. I have used the same brand of broadheads (Thunderhead 125) for 20+ yrs. but have decided to try something different. I'm shooting the G5 in 100gr. They were easy to tune and shoot like my field points. The real test comes on opening morning( I hope). Has anyone else shot the G5 and if so, how did they perform for you under hunting conditions?
September 3, 200818 yr Like others have stated, I am also looking forward to another fun season of bowhunting. I have high hopes of taking a buck in velvet but if a slickhead decides to ramble by then the game plan will change. The Doe Bow is ready. I have used the same brand of broadheads (Thunderhead 125) for 20+ yrs. but have decided to try something different. I'm shooting the G5 in 100gr. They were easy to tune and shoot like my field points. The real test comes on opening morning( I hope). Has anyone else shot the G5 and if so, how did they perform for you under hunting conditions? I shoot G5's with my crossbow. Only harvested one hen to date with them. Have had no shot on a mammal yet! They fly very true to the field points though, very easy to sight in. Very costly to replace.:eek:
September 4, 200818 yr I shoot G5's with my crossbow. Only harvested one hen to date with them. Have had no shot on a mammal yet! They fly very true to the field points though, very easy to sight in. Very costly to replace.:eek: :thumb: I saw a guy shooting them at the range and he took them right out of the package and shot a tight group without any adjustments. That sold me on them. They look like they will do a nice job on Mr. Whitetail. Let me know when you connect with an update on their performance. As for the replacement cost, momma will have to work some OT!!!:eek: (don't tell her I said that)
September 4, 200818 yr Which G5's are you guys shooting? A friend of mine use to shot the Montecs and they always flew good. Of course if your bow is tuned right most broadheads should fly true. I use to shoot Muzzys then switched to Slick Tricks two years ago. I loved how they flew took two deer with them. Last year I switched to the Rage 2 blade expandables and you talk about awesome. I can mix them in with my field points and you would never know the difference. I haven't taken a deer with them yet but hopefully this year...
September 4, 200818 yr Which G5's are you guys shooting? A friend of mine use to shot the Montecs and they always flew good. Of course if your bow is tuned right most broadheads should fly true. I use to shoot Muzzys then switched to Slick Tricks two years ago. I loved how they flew took two deer with them. Last year I switched to the Rage 2 blade expandables and you talk about awesome. I can mix them in with my field points and you would never know the difference. I haven't taken a deer with them yet but hopefully this year... I am shooting the Montec. I have had great success with the Thunderhead 125 for many years but decided to try something new. As you said, a tuned bow normally puts the broadhead on target. I am a firm believer that shot placement with any sharp broadhead will get the job done. I have heard nothing but positive things about the Rage 2. Keep us informed on their performance when you whack Mr. Bone.
September 4, 200818 yr I am shooting the Montec. I have had great success with the Thunderhead 125 for many years but decided to try something new. As you said, a tuned bow normally puts the broadhead on target. I am a firm believer that shot placement with any sharp broadhead will get the job done. I have heard nothing but positive things about the Rage 2. Keep us informed on their performance when you whack Mr. Bone. Me too. I put Muzzy Mx4's on the midgets crossbow bolts. However, we're one shy, he airmailed the target Saturday and although we were shooting against a backdrop, it climbed up the hill at 280fps and off into the woods.:irked: I suppose I'll wait until the leaves are off to find it. That's how I found his arrows from his first bow (Genesis) that I later discovered were in flight at squirrels. I swear he's exactly like his grandfather.:mad:
September 4, 200818 yr I am shooting the Montec. I have had great success with the Thunderhead 125 for many years but decided to try something new. As you said, a tuned bow normally puts the broadhead on target. I am a firm believer that shot placement with any sharp broadhead will get the job done. I have heard nothing but positive things about the Rage 2. Keep us informed on their performance when you whack Mr. Bone. The only chance I've had with the Rage was a misjudge on distance last year. He was at 40 and I put the 30 yard pin on him. Hopefully this year I will get a chance to issue some parking tickets to a few. If a big enough buck walks by I might just let him ride in my truck.
September 5, 200818 yr Me too. I put Muzzy Mx4's on the midgets crossbow bolts. However, we're one shy, he airmailed the target Saturday and although we were shooting against a backdrop, it climbed up the hill at 280fps and off into the woods.:irked: I suppose I'll wait until the leaves are off to find it. That's how I found his arrows from his first bow (Genesis) that I later discovered were in flight at squirrels. I swear he's exactly like his grandfather.:mad: Consider yourself lucky that he doesn't pick up bad habits from your brother-in-law:lol:
September 5, 200818 yr [/b] Consider yourself lucky that he doesn't pick up bad habits from your brother-in-law:lol: No doubt!!
September 5, 200818 yr The only chance I've had with the Rage was a misjudge on distance last year. He was at 40 and I put the 30 yard pin on him. Hopefully this year I will get a chance to issue some parking tickets to a few. If a big enough buck walks by I might just let him ride in my truck. I hope you don't drive an S 10.:lol:
September 5, 200818 yr Since I moved away from Kentucky in March I'm not able to hunt big game here until next year which is heart breaking to me. Next year I'm putting in for Elk, Mule deer and Grizzly Bear. There ain't no Whitetail in wyoming.
September 5, 200818 yr Since I moved away from Kentucky in March I'm not able to hunt big game here until next year which is heart breaking to me. Next year I'm putting in for Elk, Mule deer and Grizzly Bear. There ain't no Whitetail in wyoming.Yes there are.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.