Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Cubs (Week 21)

Featured Replies

Huge, huge, HUGE 5-1 road trip. I know Atlanta is struggling this year and I know Florida has hit a rough stretch recently, but to get back to .500 on the road for the year is awesome, especially considering all those road games in September.

Cubs now have 13 of their next 16 at home before the final push begins in September. BRING ON THE REDS! :banana:

untitled.JPG

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

What a great start to the Cubs/Reds series. Well I guess it was great because the Cubs won, but I digress. :lol:

 

Cueto and Harden match up in a great pitchers duel, just a 1-0 Cubs lead after 7. Cubs getting their only run on a bunt to E-5, Edwin has a brain cramp and after he throws to 1st for the out, the runner breaks for home and scores. Had E-5 turned around after fielding the ball, they would have had the runner easily. Cubs play "add on" in the 8th and win it 5-0.

 

Brewers and Cards both losing late, hopefully those will hold up.

***Brewers lose and are now 6 back of the Cubs, more importantly they are SEVEN back in the loss column. :banana:

Edited by HOMELESS CAMEL

  • Author

Cards lose and they are now 8.5 games back and 10 back in the loss column.

 

Cubs and Rays are both 77-48, tied for the best record in baseball. :scared: :lol: :scared:

It's amazing to me just how good this team is. This is possibly the best Cubs team ever and most likely since 1908, I'll always be able to say I was alive to see this team and this wonderful season, I'm hoping and praying that the curse is lifted this year!

It's amazing to me just how good this team is. This is possibly the best Cubs team ever and most likely since 1908, I'll always be able to say I was alive to see this team and this wonderful season, I'm hoping and praying that the curse is lifted this year!

 

 

Do you feel the curse will be lifted if the Cubs make it to the World Series, or do you feel they have to win the World Series?

  • Author
Do you feel the curse will be lifted if the Cubs make it to the World Series, or do you feel they have to win the World Series?

 

They have to win, I'm not sure how I'm going to react if this team doesn't win it all. Yes, I have been a Cubs fan for some time and I'm doing what I can to keep expectations down. This is just a great, great team and they have to finish this off.

Do you feel the curse will be lifted if the Cubs make it to the World Series, or do you feel they have to win the World Series?

 

The actual curse stated, according to lore, that the Cubs will "never play another World Series at Wrigley Field again." So technically, if the Cubs make it to Game 3 of the WS, the curse is broken.

It's amazing to me just how good this team is. This is possibly the best Cubs team ever and most likely since 1908, I'll always be able to say I was alive to see this team and this wonderful season, I'm hoping and praying that the curse is lifted this year!

You don't think the '32 or '45 teams were better?

You don't think the '32 or '45 teams were better?

 

:lol: Check out ESPN Classic, you can probably find some old games...

I read where Lou Pinella has a new book coming out called Sweet Lou and His Cubs. I look forward to reading this.

You don't think the '32 or '45 teams were better?

 

I'm only 27, maybe you can shed some light on it;)

 

 

 

 

But based on all the numbers they've put up and the stats where staticians are saying "for the first time since (insert year) they've done this and that" it seems like they could be the best Cubs team in 100 years based on all the new precadents they are setting

I won't be satisfied with anything less than a World Series Championship this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.