Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Housley Eligibility?

Featured Replies

Has anyone heard if the Housley kids eligibility has been ruled on by the KHSAA? Just curious after the Euton/Jackson situation.

Brandon Housley has been ruled eligible.

 

That is very good news. In hearing a little about the situation I am very happy he gets to play his senior year.

Woah big surprise didn't hear this. That would be huge.

 

Yea I know it is. It cements them as a top two team in KY along with Scott County I would think. It's going to be tough to matcho with JJ, Rico, Elijah, and now Housely

I am glad to hear the kid is eligible as I do not like to see any kid in high school miss out on a whole year. I have said this before kids in Northern Ky bounce around like a hot potatoe. Do any of them ever get ruled ineligible?

That's the right thing, even though it makes Holmes better. He seems like a good kid, I'm glad for him.

I'm really, really, really happy to see this kid eligible, and I really wish him the best.

 

Didn't he transfer to Newport after playing for another school following his freshman season?

I'm really, really, really happy to see this kid eligible, and I really wish him the best.

 

Didn't he transfer to Newport after playing for another school following his freshman season?

 

Yes, he played for Holy Cross his freshman season.

Let me see if I can give some history on Housley's career. First of all he played his grade school career at A.D. Owens located in Newport and from there he went to Newport Middle school and then as a freshmen to Holy Cross. Sophomore year was back at Newport because I recall that he was on the football team and suffered an injury. Junior year Newport and now Senior year Holmes.

 

Housley is a gifted athlete and a good kid. I wish him all the best at Holmes and I'm circling the date when Holmes plays Newport.

I wonder with the KHSAA if distance matters when there is a change of residence? I know that Sanford transferred from Lafayette to LexCath with a change of residence when the schools are right there together. In this situation I believe the 2 schools are only 3 or 4 miles apart (correct me if I am wrong). But I was just curious about that.

Let me see if I can give some history on Housley's career. First of all he played his grade school career at A.D. Owens located in Newport and from there he went to Newport Middle school and then as a freshmen to Holy Cross. Sophomore year was back at Newport because I recall that he was on the football team and suffered an injury. Junior year Newport and now Senior year Holmes.

 

Housley is a gifted athlete and a good kid. I wish him all the best at Holmes and I'm circling the date when Holmes plays Newport.

 

So Holmes gets the fruits of Newport's labor. wow.....Holmes will be loaded and Newport loses out on a ton of athleticism.

So Holmes gets the fruits of Newport's labor. wow.....Holmes will be loaded and Newport loses out on a ton of athleticism.

 

Seems like Newport looses a lot of their talented players to other schools often. Not saying that it happens all the time - it just seems to happen often.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.