New blood in Gallatin County

Gallatin does not have everyone back. They lost Henson, Brown, Davis, LeGrand, Hale and Nunn. Those six kids played both ways. Gallatin has some remaining talent, but they have holes to fill.

That's true, but having their top RB in Carlton and their starting QB back, it will definitely be an advantage.

I may be making assumptions, though. Is Florence back at that position?

That's true, but having their top RB in Carlton and their starting QB back, it will definitely be an advantage.

I may be making assumptions, though. Is Florence back at that position?

That's a good question. If their big time players have their head on straight they'll have a good year. If not, it will be tough to duplicate last year's success.

Yes they are.

What would be your rankings?

I was just a little confused by the wording of your post. It seemed as though you were saying that those were some sort of pre-season official rankings.

It's tough for me to rank them this early. Also, now that WV is going varsity, shouldn't they be included?

I would say that it will be close between Henry Co and Gallatin Co for the top position, though I might give GC the nod. I put Trimble Co ahead of Carroll Co, though still close. I might put Walton-Verona ahead of Eminence.

So, essentially, I mostly agree with your list, just some small changes on the ordering.

It's always going to be comparing apples to oranges as not all the teams play each other. GC and HC don't play and WV is not playing everyone nor is Eminence playing everyone. That makes it tough to truly say one is better than the other. Besides, it's much more a basketball conference in my opinion.

It's always going to be comparing apples to oranges as not all the teams play each other. GC and HC don't play and WV is not playing everyone nor is Eminence playing everyone. That makes it tough to truly say one is better than the other. Besides, it's much more a basketball conference in my opinion.

Good point about it being a Basketball conference, but I thought that it would be fun to talk about.

Tall Trees, we will do a updated list on 10/1/08

Good numbers for Gallatin.

NCKC rankings:

1) Henry County

2) Gallatin County

3) Carroll County

4) Trimble County

5) Eminence

Interesting picks Old Man Henry. I find it quite surprising that Gallatin County is ranked #2. I realize that they had two good seasons but the loss of Brown, LeGrand, Nunn, Henson, and now that Maddox is not playing it seems as if all that the Wildcats have returning is Carlton and Florence. I was able to see them at the 7 on 7 tournament at Grant County and Gallatin hardly had anybody there. Nobody really stood out for the Wildcats either which really took me by surprise. Coach Weedman has the numbers up in Carroll County and the Panthers return a few good players too, although the loss of Welch and Rose will hurt. The Panthers still return some solid players and very well could surprise people this season. Trimble County could surprise people this season and finish second in their district. Coach Poynter knows how to get what he wants from the Raiders and they will surprise teams too. Coach Poynter will simply out coach other teams in his district to finish second in the district. I want to wish the Best of Luck to all of the teams this year. I can't wait for the opening week! :thumb:

My rankings:

1. Henry County

2. Carroll County

3. Trimble County

4. Gallatin County

5. Owen County

6. Walton Verona

7. Eminence