Wow. They sure do it different in Calif re: transfers.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/09/oaks-christian-secures-more-quarterback-depth/

Read the above linked article about Joe Montana's son. They clearly do things differently than our KHSAA. Here's a few lines that pop out to me.

"Montana, who visited Newbury Park High last week, adds his name to a long list of transfer quarterbacks streaming into Oaks Christian."

"Chace Bryson, a reporter at the Contra Costa Times in Northern California, contacted Montana on Tuesday afternoon. The quarterback told Bryson his main reasons for transferring were to play in a more pass-oriented offense at Oaks Christian and be closer to his Southern California-based quarterbacks coach Steve Clarkson.

"He said De La Salle was a great school and he enjoyed everything, but it just wasn't the right fit for him," Bryson said.

Redell said the family had been looking for houses in the Thousand Oaks/Westlake area."

So, I gather you can openly say in the media why you change schools, in this case just for sports. You do not have to sit out a year apparently, as it wasn't stated. You can change schools first, then look for a house later.

Must be a low profile school too ;) with the sons of Montana, Will Smith and Wayne Gretzky on the same FB team!

Mods, hope this belongs here, I wasn't sure.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/09/oaks-christian-secures-more-quarterback-depth/

Read the above linked article about Joe Montana's son. They clearly do things differently than our KHSAA. Here's a few lines that pop out to me.

"Montana, who visited Newbury Park High last week, adds his name to a long list of transfer quarterbacks streaming into Oaks Christian."

"Chace Bryson, a reporter at the Contra Costa Times in Northern California, contacted Montana on Tuesday afternoon. The quarterback told Bryson his main reasons for transferring were to play in a more pass-oriented offense at Oaks Christian and be closer to his Southern California-based quarterbacks coach Steve Clarkson.

"He said De La Salle was a great school and he enjoyed everything, but it just wasn't the right fit for him," Bryson said.

Redell said the family had been looking for houses in the Thousand Oaks/Westlake area."

So, I gather you can openly say in the media why you change schools, in this case just for sports. You do not have to sit out a year apparently, as it wasn't stated. You can change schools first, then look for a house later.

Must be a low profile school too ;) with the sons of Montana, Will Smith and Wayne Gretzky on the same FB team!

Mods, hope this belongs here, I wasn't sure.

Cool.

Anyone who wishes to participate in a HS athletics system like this, I can give you the answer that has been given many times to rural counties who express concern about the inequities facing them.

Move.

I've often thought the same thing about those complaining of the lack of a level playing field.

You have to give knightsdad credit, LBBC. That was a pretty good comeback to your post. :D

Except it was what I was alluding to. Many have said that exact thing and I was trying to, but I guess I failed, in throwing it back into their face.

Over and over we hear, if you don't like it move.

I was trying to say in a sarcastic manner, if you like the California methods better move to California.

The same thing we have been hearing on hear for 2-3 years.

His response, I felt, was nothing new but a repeat of the same old responses.

Whiners, losers, don't want to work hard to win, etc, etc.

Except it was what I was alluding to. Many have said that exact thing and I was trying to, but I guess I failed, in throwing it back into their face.

Over and over we hear, if you don't like it move.

I was trying to say in a sarcastic manner, if you like the California methods better move to California.

The same thing we have been hearing on hear for 2-3 years.

His response, I felt, was nothing new but a repeat of the same old responses.

Whiners, losers, don't want to work hard to win, etc, etc.

Oh I totally understood what you were alluding to. And he threw it right back at you.