Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Rudi Johnson has a chance to have a Pro Bowl season. He looks awesome."

Featured Replies

You mean they're not playing pump and run after all...:lol:

 

I was getting "pumped" up for the new season.

 

:lol:

I should clarify pertaining to Rudi Johnson...I don't think he's an elite back, nor have I ever. But, I do think, when he's healthy and the rest of the Bengal offense is healthy (particularly the o-line), his physical style is a nice fit for the unit. I think the fact that the o-line is good and defenses have to respect the passing game, it opens things up for Rudi and he can be very productive when healthy.

 

I read somewhere that he decided to bulk back up and return to his old style...if you'll remember a couple of years ago, he tried to trim down to become more explosive. I think he tried to become something he's not and he suffered because of it. I think a return to what worked for him will benefit both he and the team. Just a guess...

 

I do expect Cincinnati to split the carries with other backs more than they did in the past. So, even if he's 100%, I don't expect Rudi to get the touches he got in the past.

They'll make the playoffs write it down.

 

You know what that means......1-15. :fire: :sssh: :lol:

I should clarify pertaining to Rudi Johnson...I don't think he's an elite back, nor have I ever. But, I do think, when he's healthy and the rest of the Bengal offense is healthy (particularly the o-line), his physical style is a nice fit for the unit. I think the fact that the o-line is good and defenses have to respect the passing game, it opens things up for Rudi and he can be very productive when healthy.

 

I read somewhere that he decided to bulk back up and return to his old style...if you'll remember a couple of years ago, he tried to trim down to become more explosive. I think he tried to become something he's not and he suffered because of it. I think a return to what worked for him will benefit both he and the team. Just a guess...

 

I do expect Cincinnati to split the carries with other backs more than they did in the past. So, even if he's 100%, I don't expect Rudi to get the touches he got in the past.

 

:thumb:

You mean they're not playing pump and run after all...:lol:

 

I was getting "pumped" up for the new season.

Pump and run is when you fill up you're gas tank and then run off without paying isn't it?:lol::lol:

I was never worried about Chad. When the Bengals refused to trade him, I knew he'd be playing in 2008. And, he'll play well because he's a great player.

 

I still think they should have taken the Redskins offer of two first round picks, but that's irrelevant now.

 

The Bengals are in that list of teams that have the talent to make the playoffs, but their margin for error is slim. They can't absorb a bunch of injuries.

 

But, if the o-line stays healthy and the defense makes some improvement, I expect them to be in the hunt for the AFC North title. Every team in the division has some question marks, IMO. It's going to come down to who puts it all together and avoids the bad breaks, injuries, etc.

 

As for Rudi, I don't think he'll rush for 1,400 yards, but I do think he'll look more like his old self.

 

I think Bengals fans have a lot of reason to be optimistic heading into this season.

 

Very well said, I agree!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.