Newport 2008/2007

With the addition of Brandon Tucker' date=' Arkansas Brewer, and Brandon Alford. I look for them to be deep and strong. I pretty sure they every player back from last years team?[/quote']

I think everyone should be back except for Brandon Housely. Last I heard, he transferred to Holmes.

They were a young athletic team last year and should play well this year. I watched them play 3 times last year and do not remember Brewer either??

Brewer transfered last season and I guess has returned, but Newport will be very good this season and could come out of their district as the champions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is it that every good quality player/coach leaves Newport?? The list goes on of athletes they lost and coaches such as John Schlarman and Travece Turner of late?? No wonder Newport hasn't had a state title in a while

• 2 months later...
With the addition of Brandon Tucker' date=' Arkansas Brewer, and Brandon Alford. I look for them to be deep and strong. I am pretty sure they have every player back from last years team?[/quote']

Im not to sure Newport can count on any of those young men sorry but they just got other things they like to do I guess. Those guys could easlly be 3 sport starters for Newport.

Sadly enough neither Tucker, Brewer, or Alford are reliable enough for the wildcats to count on this season. I don't remember Alford being much of a basketball player regardless. I'd rather put my faith in Cody Collins, David Darnell, Casey McDaniel and others. Good luck on the season Coach Russell.

Sadly enough neither Tucker, Brewer, or Alford are reliable enough for the wildcats to count on this season. I don't remember Alford being much of a basketball player regardless. I'd rather put my faith in Cody Collins, David Darnell, Casey McDaniel and others. Good luck on the season Coach Russell.

I coudln't agree more I look for Collins to have a very good year.

Even if Newport has a lot of returning players the loss of Housely will really hurt them

Newport could come out a better team with out Housely,he is all about himself. I don't take any thing away from him and wish him the best of luck. I just think its more about a team than just one player.