08/09 HS Basketball Schedules

Partial 08/09 Basketball schedules are now posted on the 2008/09 BGP/KHSAA/Riherds Basketball Scoreboard. Good lineup at the KY PREPS CLASSIC at Montgomery County on Saturday Jan. 10, 2009. CJ Penny and the Anderson Bearcats will take on top ranked Elliott County. Other top teams in the classic include South Laurel, Manual, J-Town, Madisonville, and the host Montgomery County.

Big re-match on Tuesday Feb. 10, 2009 with Mason County traveling to Sandy Hook to take on Elliott County. How they are going to get several thousand into a gym that holds 500 will be interesting. I guess like when we were teenagers and crammed 15 into a VW Beetle!!! Probably need to get there about 5:00PM to get a seat. Hey I've got the plan figured out. They are counting on about 1,500 fans taking a wrong turn and never finding Sandy Hook. Another 500 will get scared at the dangerous roads and turn around and go back.

Take a look at the schedules and highlight what you see as top games. Interesting opening game on Tuesday Dec. 2d with North Hardin playing Manual in Louisville. North Hardin has 6'6" UK football committee King and 6'3"Greg Johnson who is drawing rave reviews with his summer play. He likes flying to the basket and finishing in dramatic fashion (usually a dunk).

Good game on Dec. 15th with Christian County traveling to Campbellsville to take on Taylor County. Wilson and Wilford vs. Macon and Cox.

Again, take a look and highlight what you think are the top games on the schedules.

Partial 08/09 Basketball schedules are now posted on the 2008/09 BGP/KHSAA/Riherds Basketball Scoreboard. Good lineup at the KY PREPS CLASSIC at Montgomery County on Saturday Jan. 10, 2009. CJ Penny and the Anderson Bearcats will take on top ranked Elliott County. Other top teams in the classic include South Laurel, Manual, J-Town, Madisonville, and the host Montgomery County.

Big re-match on Tuesday Feb. 10, 2009 with Mason County traveling to Sandy Hook to take on Elliott County. How they are going to get several thousand into a gym that holds 500 will be interesting. I guess like when we were teenagers and crammed 15 into a VW Beetle!!! Probably need to get there about 5:00PM to get a seat. Hey I've got the plan figured out. They are counting on about 1,500 fans taking a wrong turn and never finding Sandy Hook. Another 500 will get scared at the dangerous roads and turn around and go back.

Take a look at the schedules and highlight what you see as top games. Interesting opening game on Tuesday Dec. 2d with North Hardin playing Manual in Louisville. North Hardin has 6'6" UK football committee King and 6'3"Greg Johnson who is drawing rave reviews with his summer play. He likes flying to the basket and finishing in dramatic fashion (usually a dunk).

Good game on Dec. 15th with Christian County traveling to Campbellsville to take on Taylor County. Wilson and Wilford vs. Macon and Cox.

Again, take a look and highlight what you think are the top games on the schedules.

Manual does look quite busy with the King of the Bluegrass, Fifth/Third Bank Tourney, Louisville Invitational Tourney, Fast Lane Pre-Season, Kentucky Preps Classics, Hoop Fest, and a loaded regular season schedule.

Edited by BGElite

It is also exciting to see that Madisonville-North Hopkins and duPont Manual will be playing in all the top major tournaments including the nationally prestigious KOB, LIT, and 5th/3rd Bank Classic with the opportunity that the two top seniors in the state in UK commit 6-7 Jon Hood (Madisonville) and 6-4 Jacob Jenkins (duPont Manual) teams could potentially match up.

Here's some of Clark Co's big games this coming season-12-9-Madison Central, 12-12-Montgomery Co, 12-18-Scott Co, 12-20-Louisville Doss, 12-26 Lex Cath tournament,, 1-10-Shelby Co, 1-16 Montgomery Co, 2-3- Lex Cath, 2-6 Mason Co ,2-10 Clay Co, 2-13-Lafayette, 2-17 Franklin Co, 2-20 Louisville Ballard. Coach doesn't care to play the big dogs.

Franklin County games scheduled so far:

Boyle County h, Woodford County 2, Frankfort 2, Western Hills 2 (District home/aways), @ Shelby County, @ Holmes, @ Dixie Heights, @ Montgomery County, Scott County h, Lafayette h, Central Hardin h, Tates Creek h, @ Madison Central, Clark County h, Anderson County h. + two tourneys, one in state the other in New York State during the holidays. I would expect PL Dunbar to end up on the schedule as well.

Here's some of Clark Co's big games this coming season-12-9-Madison Central, 12-12-Montgomery Co, 12-18-Scott Co, 12-20-Louisville Doss, 12-26 Lex Cath tournament,, 1-10-Shelby Co, 1-16 Montgomery Co, 2-3- Lex Cath, 2-6 Mason Co ,2-10 Clay Co, 2-13-Lafayette, 2-17 Franklin Co, 2-20 Louisville Ballard. Coach doesn't care to play the big dogs.

I believe they play Elliot Co. somewhere in that mix too but not for certain.

I believe they play Elliot Co. somewhere in that mix too but not for certain.

I heard this also, but not in the current KHSAA schedule posting. One of the GRC parent's told me this summer (AAU) that they were suppose to play in the Bourbon County Bank Classic in December, but that Elliott was playing a top ranked West Virginia team in that classic instead of Clark County. Said they are playing pre-season game in the Ashland area?? The Bourbon Bank Classic must still be in the works because it only shows Bourbon County playing someone and it is not Clark County or Elliott County. Clark County or Elliott County are not even listed playing in that classic as of right now.

I too was hoping GRC and Elliott would play. Would be a good game to watch.

Franklin County games scheduled so far:

Boyle County h, Woodford County 2, Frankfort 2, Western Hills 2 (District home/aways), @ Shelby County, @ Holmes, @ Dixie Heights, @ Montgomery County, Scott County h, Lafayette h, Central Hardin h, Tates Creek h, @ Madison Central, Clark County h, Anderson County h. + two tourneys, one in state the other in New York State during the holidays. I would expect PL Dunbar to end up on the schedule as well.

I hear where Franklin Co. and Elliott county could possibly work out a game. Depends on what happens with Elliott's schedule.

I hear where Franklin Co. and Elliott county could possibly work out a game. Depends on what happens with Elliott's schedule.

I also heard this is in the work's for Franklin County to visit Sandy Hook. Seems Bath County dropped Elliott off the schedule and so did Boyd County (when Zornes was coach and will have to see what the new regime says). Seems several 16th region teams won't play or are dropping Elliott. Probably don't like getting beat 118-56 or 108-68?? I bet they come begging to play them in the 09/10 season!!!!