Where do you fall?

Who do you think is better?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is better?

Peyton Manning, Reason: I would much rather have Manning as my "Leader" than Brady. Manning can make adjustments if needed in an instant where it seems like Brady is too scripted. JMO (and besides that, I absolutely cannot stand Brady:D)

Also, Brett Favre wasn't on this list, he too goes way ahead of Brady in my book. (along with several others but I guess this is an active QB list)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton for me...

Brady is great don't get me wrong, but I would take Peyton any day of the week. Yes Brady done more with the players last year but guess what, they don't have a ring for it do they?? It means nothing when you don't win the one that matters. I'd rather go 13-3 and win the super bowl than 16-0 and not lose it.

Peyton is more fundamentally sound and has a 10x better IQ. He can adjust to any game and does what he can to get his team the win.

Flailing your arms and running up and down the line of scrimmage does not make one smarter...

Peyton for me...

Brady is great don't get me wrong, but I would take Peyton any day of the week. Yes Brady done more with the players last year but guess what, they don't have a ring for it do they?? It means nothing when you don't win the one that matters. I'd rather go 13-3 and win the super bowl than 16-0 and not lose it.

Peyton is more fundamentally sound and has a 10x better IQ. He can adjust to any game and does what he can to get his team the win.

I must say, it's just a little bit funny (according to TBS) that you would use that argument in a Manning (1 ring) vs. Brady (3 rings) debate.:thumb:Nice.

Peyton Manning, Reason: I would much rather have Manning as my "Leader" than Brady. Manning can make adjustments if needed in an instant where it seems like Brady is too scripted. JMO (and besides that, I absolutely cannot stand Brady:D)

Also, Brett Favre wasn't on this list, he too goes way ahead of Brady in my book. (along with several others but I guess this is an active QB list)

Too scripted? Really?

Also to say Favre is way ahead of Brady is simply pathetic.

Maybe so maybe not, but a lot seem to think that he is a very smart QB.

As do they concerning Brady.

I find it interesting that many would want Manning as their leader rather than Brady.

So Manning has, with a top notch RB and at least two (sometimes more) top notch receiving targets, won exactly one Super Bowl. Until recent memory he was known as a "choker" and "couldn't win the big one". Not exactly what I'd want in my leader.

Meanwhile, Brady won 3 Super Bowls with no top notch talent to speak of. When he did get ONE top notch talent on offense he promptly led the greatest statistical season a QB has ever had, and the closest sniff of perfection in some 30 years.

I think many of these opinions reflect more a personal preference for the personalities of Brady or Manning rather than being based on performance.

As do they concerning Brady.

I find it interesting that many would want Manning as their leader rather than Brady.

So Manning has, with a top notch RB and at least two (sometimes more) top notch receiving targets, won exactly one Super Bowl. Until recent memory he was known as a "choker" and "couldn't win the big one". Not exactly what I'd want in my leader.

Meanwhile, Brady won 3 Super Bowls with no top notch talent to speak of. When he did get ONE top notch talent on offense he promptly led the greatest statistical season a QB has ever had, and the closest sniff of perfection in some 30 years.

I think many of these opinions reflect more a personal preference for the personalities of Brady or Manning rather than being based on performance.

Well I have some stats also.

In the Patriot's Super Bowl win over the Eagles it was more of the defense than the offense I believe. The Eagles had 4 turnovers that game, 3 were interceptions. Brady threw for 2 TD's. Pats won 24-21. I would think the Defense probably won that game.

Patriots win over the Rams was thanks to Vinateri not Brady.

I will give major credit for the Super Bowl win over the Panthers though. 3 TD's and 350+ yards.

But during the regular season he has had a QB rating over 93 once. 2007 he had a QB rating of 117

Manning has had a QB rating of over 93 six times, his highest being in 2004 when it was 121.

Manning has thrown for 25 or more TD's every year he's been in the league while Brady has only thrown for 25 or more TD's 4 times.

Yes there is a experience factor where Manning has been in the league longer but I don't see where everyone thinks Brady is some kind of King QB. He has 3 rings yes, but so does Rick Fox for the Lakers so does that make him a great NBA player? I think not.

In the Patriot's Super Bowl win over the Eagles it was more of the defense than the offense I believe. The Eagles had 4 turnovers that game, 3 were interceptions. Brady threw for 2 TD's. Pats won 24-21. I would think the Defense probably won that game.

I will give major credit for the Super Bowl win over the Panthers though. 3 TD's and 350+ yards.

But during the regular season he has had a QB rating over 93 once. 2007 he had a QB rating of 117

Manning has had a QB rating of over 93 six times, his highest being in 2004 when it was 121.

Manning has thrown for 25 or more TD's every year he's been in the league while Brady has only thrown for 25 or more TD's 4 times.

Yes there is a experience factor where Manning has been in the league longer but I don't see where everyone thinks Brady is some kind of King QB. He has 3 rings yes, but so does Rick Fox for the Lakers so does that make him a great NBA player? I think not.

Comparing Tom Brady to Rick Fox? Good God...

Comparing Tom Brady to Rick Fox? Good God...

I'm comparing the fascination people have with if you have a ring then you're some kind of great player. Look at Dilfer with the Ravens, he won the SB but he wasn't a great QB.

Rings don't make the player, numbers do. And outside of this past season Brady had average to slightly above average numbers at best.

I'm comparing the fascination people have with if you have a ring then you're some kind of great player. Look at Dilfer with the Ravens, he won the SB but he wasn't a great QB.

Rings don't make the player, numbers do. And outside of this past season Brady had average to slightly above average numbers at best.

Brady also had a severe lack of talent to throw to, and the guys he did have he made far better than their natural abilities.

Ask Marino about the rings. Bet you'll get a different answer.

What you're comparing is a role player to a starting QB. Apples and anchovies. Awful...

Vinateri would'nt even got to kick it if Brady didnt get him in field goal position.