Call Of Duty 5: World at War

SvFan4life

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest skill-wise. I bought COD4 in March and was immediately the top of whatever team I was on 7-8 times out of 10. It is just much less skill-wise IMO than a game like Halo.

That is certainly part of it's appeal, as is the fact that you're constantly ranking up no matter how bad you do. I like a game that rewards me for doing well and penalizes me when I'm off my game. COD4 is great for playing with friends, but it'll never top Halo for me.

The easiest skill-wise. I bought COD4 in March and was immediately the top of whatever team I was on 7-8 times out of 10. It is just much less skill-wise IMO than a game like Halo.

That is certainly part of it's appeal, as is the fact that you're constantly ranking up no matter how bad you do. I like a game that rewards me for doing well and penalizes me when I'm off my game. COD4 is great for playing with friends, but it'll never top Halo for me.

When I got COD4 I sold my copy of Halo3. I can't play Halo all that long because I don't find it fun anymore.

I haven't played COD4 in a while though either.

You guys got to be kidding me! There's noway Halo requires more skill then Cod4 to be good. There's to many noob/easy to use weapons on there to even consider it a skilled game. Only the BR and sniper take skill, and not to many players use that. Why would you when you can jump 20feet in the air and kill them with rockets?

You guys got to be kidding me! There's noway Halo requires more skill then Cod4 to be good. There's to many noob/easy to use weapons on there to even consider it a skilled game. Only the BR and sniper take skill, and not to many players use that. Why would you when you can jump 20feet in the air and kill them with rockets?

I kinda agree. I'm pretty good at both games, I think with COD4 though there are so many different weapons and perks that provide so many different options to how a person can play the game.

Tell ya what, you take the rocket and I'll take the BR, and we'd see who'd win that matchup.

The thing about rockets are that they have a limited number of clips and unless you turn the corner right into someone, you can pretty easily take them out with a BR. Even if someone gets on a run with the rockets, they'll be gone in 4 shots and then off the map for around 4-5 minutes.

The question about rockets is kinda like asking why would you move in COD4 when you can hide behind a bunch of boxes at Countdown and just wait for players to wander by. The more skilled players know how to deal with that type of stuff.

When it comes down to it, when I play a great player in Halo, I can't touch him. And not to sound arrogant about it, but I consider myself a pretty good player myself. I have yet to meet the player in COD4 that I can't touch. This despite starting months after other people. This despite the fact that unlike Halo you often play with people that are theoretically above you in skill.

I kinda agree. I'm pretty good at both games, I think with COD4 though there are so many different weapons and perks that provide so many different options to how a person can play the game.

Now I will grant you this: the ability to choose weapons and especially perks does add a new wrinkle to the game in a positive way. I would definitely consider that an advantage.

Though I will always question how realistic it is that a guy would drop a grenade after he dies. Stupid martyrdom.

Now I will grant you this: the ability to choose weapons and especially perks does add a new wrinkle to the game in a positive way. I would definitely consider that an advantage.

Though I will always question how realistic it is that a guy would drop a grenade after he dies. Stupid martyrdom.

Ha just pretend like he's got one of those bombs that only goes off when his heart stops beating....

I don't think you can argue for Halo and then in the same thread talk about how realistic something is.:confused: (Even if I do agree with you about martyrdom being stupid, and how mad I get when I kill somebody and a freakin grenade gets me.)

I don't think you can argue for Halo and then in the same thread talk about how realistic something is.:confused: (Even if I do agree with you about martyrdom being stupid, and how mad I get when I kill somebody and a freakin grenade gets me.)

COD4 is championed as the realistic game, which is one reason a lot of people like it better. I think it's a very valid point. Halo is unrealistic and does not pretend to be anything else.

I forgot to mention earlier, but IMO weapons like the RPG and especially the Grenade Launcher (or "noob tube" if you will) are every bit as bad as a power weapon like rockets.