Should the drinking age be lowered?

Should the drinking age be lowered?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the drinking age be lowered?

• No, it should remain illegal to drink alcohol until age 21.
    • Yes, but conditionally- between 18 and 21's can't purchase liquor
    • Yes, with no conditions, 18 and over should be legal
    • Yes, with no conditions, anyone should be able to buy and consume alcohol
    • Other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it bother anyone else with how much money and time must be spent by our police officers to prevent "underage" drinking, when there are more important crimes to be prevented?

Very much so, but I could also list 15 other crimes that make me feel the exact same way.

I echo Hearsay.

In the United States you are considered an adult and as such able to make decisions on your own at age 18. Either raise the age of majority or lower the drinking age.

FWIW I killed many brain cells between 18 and 21 years of age. After turning 21 some of the "luster" of drinking was gone for me. Part of the draw of doing it was because it was illegal. That's not to say I quit drinking at 21 but it was just a whole lot less glamorous.

I echo Hearsay.

In the United States you are considered an adult and as such able to make decisions on your own at age 18. Either raise the age of majority or lower the drinking age.

FWIW I killed many brain cells between 18 and 21 years of age. After turning 21 some of the "luster" of drinking was gone for me. Part of the draw of doing it was because it was illegal. That's not to say I quit drinking at 21 but it was just a whole lot less glamorous.

:thumb: Was at a 21st birthday party, and someone walked up to the birthday boy and said "Oh, you're 21! A great day to quit drinking!" :lol: