Kobe Bryant or Lebron James?

He doesn't have great playoff statistics, and w/o Shaq, they are even worse...you are not helping your argument here.

He played with the most dominant player probably in the past 10 years.

And he had pretty good numbers in those years did he not. He had a bad Finals against a very very good defensive team and now he's not a closer and don't have a killer attitude.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kobe has shown VERY recently he doesn't have a killer attitude...he's been in the league longer than LeBron...I take LeBron...he has that killer attitude that MJ had, that Tiger has....Kobe is a superstar, a HOF'er...but he has some serious holes in what may keep him from being a timeless legend...I feel LeBron will reach that level.

I completely disagree. He will be a timeless legend, that's for sure.

:laugh::laugh: OK you are wrong but Ok. I am not saying Kobe is that much better than Lebron but if thats gonna be your argument then I don't know what to tell you. What because of 1 series Kobe doesn't have the Killer instinct that he had the last 9 years to make he known as the best closer in the NBA.

He's may be a good closer in the regular season now....he hasn't won a title in 6 years now...and has disappeared countless times....I am not standing out on a limb here.

And he had pretty good numbers in those years did he not. He had a bad Finals against a very very good defensive team and now he's not a closer and don't have a killer attitude.

He also had a bad finals against the Pistons. Hes an amazing player, but when things aren't going well he seems to have a tendency to lay down a bit.

I have never thought he had that crazy killer ability...he has a lot of answering in the next year or so....he may not win another title, and if he doesn't, it would tarnish his legend. I know that has to be tough for you to accept. I would hate it.

He didn't lay down they just shut up down they play unreal D and when the guys around you are doing squat its hard to get off like that when all 5 players of focusing on you. 1 Bad Finals and 3 other good ones and now hes not a good closer. You are out on a limb IMO.

I have never thought he had that crazy killer ability...he has a lot of answering in the next year or so....he may not win another title, and if he doesn't, it would tarnish his legend. I know that has to be tough for you to accept. I would hate it.

How would not winning another one tarnish his legend? He already won 3. I'm not married to him it's not tough for me.

He didn't lay down they just shut up down they play unreal D and when the guys around you are doing squat its hard to get off like that when all 5 players of focusing on you. 1 Bad Finals and 3 other good ones and now hes not a good closer. You are out on a limb IMO.

Lebron James' teammates didn't do squat either. Only 1 other player scored in double figures in game 7. Lebron James has to carry his team every night.

Lebron James' teammates didn't do squat either. Only 1 other player scored in double figures in game 7. Lebron James has to carry his team every night.

And they lost whats your point? He wasn't playing aganist a team anywhere near the level of this Celtics team.

How would not winning another one tarnish his legend? He already won 3. I'm not married to him it's not tough for me.

This will likely be my last post about this tonight, BUT, Kobe winning with the most dominant player in the game, being on HIS team, do not make those titles as valuable, as MJ's first three, or second three...that's the way it is perceived. I am not making this stuff up. He knows inside he needs to win another post Shaq to help validate is greatness for all time.

Kobe is phenominal, he just falls out of the rhythm's of games all to often for me to consider him an all time great. Or even the best Laker of all time.

Well I am not going to argue with you. Kobe could probably average 100 and you never give him props. It's well know both of you are Kobe haters and I am a big fan, no point in going over the same argument again and again. Kobe has like 9 more years left in the tank I think he will get another one.

And they lost whats your point? He wasn't playing aganist a team anywhere near the level of this Celtics team.

The same Celtic team the Lakers just lost to? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if you noticed or not, but the Celtics have been the best defensive team all year. I think they are very close, but Id take Lebron James. He atleast took the Celtics to 7 games with a much weaker team around him

Also, the Jordan-Kobe comparisons are pretty ridiculous!

Well I am not going to argue with you. Kobe could probably average 100 and you never give him props. It's well know both of you are Kobe haters and I am a big fan, no point in going over the same argument again and again. Kobe has like 9 more years left in the tank I think he will get another one.

Kobe isn't playing 9 more years.

The same Celtic team the Lakers just lost to? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if you noticed or not, but the Celtics have been the best defensive team all year. I think they are very close, but Id take Lebron James. He atleast took the Celtics to 7 games with a much weaker team around him

Also, the Jordan-Kobe comparisons are pretty ridiculous!

I thought you were talking about last year Cavs team.