Did Dick Cheney Lie About China Drilling for Oil Off the Coast of Florida?

So we want to be like China now? A marxist, dictatorial country that kills it's own? I'm really :confused:

Hatz, if you are actually drawing that from Aces' comment on China's willingness to secure energy for the future, then I'm speechless.

Ok...I will take Cheney at his word on what he said. But, if you are correct...wouldn't that then mean...that he is lying? (about where he got the info)
So, one way or another, Cheney is a liar, but that is not really to point of this thread. :lol:

So, one way or another, Cheney is a liar, but that is not really to point of this thread. :lol:

I'm not really following your point in this thread this morning. I stated that I didn't believe Cheney was lying, but then you argued a point that amounts to the fact that you believe he did lie - he didn't get his information from Will as he stated, but instead through intelligence sources, made a slip of the tongue in mentioning some classified information then used Will's column to cover the comment. To me, logically, that means you think he lied. What am I missing?

FWIW, I don't care if he lied or not.

I'm not really following your point in this thread this morning. I stated that I didn't believe Cheney was lying, but then you argued a point that amounts to the fact that you believe he did lie - he didn't get his information from Will as he stated, but instead through intelligence sources, made a slip of the tongue in mentioning some classified information then used Will's column to cover the comment. To me, logically, that means you think he lied. What am I missing?

FWIW, I don't care if he lied or not.

If reading Will's column and citing it as his source, without mentioning any and all other sources from which Cheney drew his conclusion constitutes lying, then you have a point. :thumb:

Hatz, if you are actually drawing that from Aces' comment on China's willingness to secure energy for the future, then I'm speechless.

I'm just playing with Aces and he knows it, I think. :thumb:

Yet at the same time the statement that China is doing it to secure their people is more than a little far fetched to me. China is a government who cares only about their people in as far as they can prop up their power. So to compare our need and abilities to secure our energy future with China's despotic track record does leave me a little curious if we want to be compared in any shape or form with the Chinese government.

I'm just playing with Aces and he knows it, I think. :thumb:

Yet at the same time the statement that China is doing it to secure their people is more than a little far fetched to me. China is a government who cares only about their people in as far as they can prop up their power. So to compare our need and abilities to secure our energy future with China's despotic track record does leave me a little curious if we want to be compared in any shape or form with the Chinese government.

There is nothing Marxist or despotic about China's deals with foreign governments and companies to secure its energy needs. It is one area in which the Chinese government deserves credit. They have learned the lessons of the American capitalist system as it was a few decades ago, when our government was not so busy attacking the hands that feed it.

There is nothing Marxist or despotic about China's deals with foreign governments and companies to secure its energy needs. It is one area in which the Chinese government deserves credit. They have learned the lessons of the American capitalist system as it was a few decades ago, when our government was not so busy attacking the hands that feed it.

I hear what you are saying, but I can't merely seperate this government from those slaughtered in Tianamen Square. Their past actions in order to keep power make Soros look awfully tame IMHO.

I hear what you are saying, but I can't merely seperate this government from those slaughtered in Tianamen Square. Their past actions in order to keep power make Soros look awfully tame IMHO.
I agree but do not let Soros and his lackeys off the hook too quickly. If we adopt his environmental extremist agenda misery and suffering will become widespread in this country, which could easily give birth to our own homegrown despots.

James Hansen is already advocating jail for global warming skeptics. Who knows what Soros' followers would do with some real power?