Ryle 2008/2009

Ryle was rather young this past year and has some very good talent coming through out there in Union. As it is every year, everyone always pronounces this team as one of the top teams to watch but they have never really lived up to their potential. If they can get everyone on the same page, I really like this team to do something this year. They return a lot and lost little. I still think they may be a year or two away as they'll start a few sophs this year but wouldn't be surprised to see this year as the start of a big run in the 33rd district.

A few players to watch:

Tate Nichols- 6'6 JR

Mitch Mcleish- 6'0 JR

Clay Coleman- 6'4 JR

Some key role players who will be counted on will be:

Logan WIlloughby- 5'10 Junior

Nick Murray- 5'10 Junior

Andy Ahern- 5'9 Senior

Edited by Eta Rho

Ryle was rather young this past year and has some very good talent coming through out there in Union. As it is every year, everyone always pronounces this team as one of the top teams to watch but they have never really lived up to their potential. If they can get everyone on the same page, I really like this team to do something this year. They return a lot and lost little. I still think they may be a year or two away as they'll start a few sophs this year but wouldn't be surprised to see this year as the start of a big run in the 33rd district.

A few players to watch:

Tate Nichols- 6'6 JR

Mitch Mcleish- 6'0 JR

Clay Coleman- 6'4 JR

Nick Murray- 5'10 Junior

Andy Ahern- 5'9 Senior

This team was supposed to be a very good team last year, but had problems inside their own locker room. We will have to wait and see what Ryle will be like.

This team was supposed to be a very good team last year, but had problems inside their own locker room. We will have to wait and see what Ryle will be like.

That has been the problem with Ryle teams since the 04/05 season. Players quitting, internal conflicts, etc. If they can avoid all of those distractions they could be pretty good.

Nichols, Ncleish and Coleman form a good core for the next 2 years but wonder do they have enough senior leadership to get them to the regional tournament?

I'd say at this point Ryle and Boone are the two top teams in the 33rd. I'd be very surprised if they don't make it to the region tournament this year with what they have, barring any injuries like last year.

A few players to watch:

Tate Nichols- 6'6 JR

Mitch Mcleish- 6'0 JR

Clay Coleman- 6'4 JR

Nick Murray- 5'10 Junior

Andy Ahern- 5'9 Senior

Willoughby and Murray are not what you want to rely on for key role players. By the end of the year, I think they will rely more on the Sophomore, last year's frosh, group of guys especially their two bigs and two guards.

Willoughby and Murray are not what you want to rely on for key role players. By the end of the year, I think they will rely more on the Sophomore, last year's frosh, group of guys especially their two bigs and two guards.

Which soph guards are you talking about? I think with McLeish and Ahern and a couple of the other juniors minutes are going to be hard to come by at the guard position for the sophs.

I do agree that soph big guys could contribute this year.

• 3 weeks later...