Track the Braves (Week 10)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaand they blew the save.

And possibly the game. 2 homeruns in the 9th and now the Marlins lead 6-4. Man I'm getting frustrated with the decisions on how to use the bullpen. The Braves need to either have Soriano close everyday or none at all. He got the save last night and should have been in there today. This is ridiculous.

Maddux has a no trade clause, and wants to stay on the West coast to be closer to his home, reason why he signed with San Diego in the first place.

Braves need to get a younger pitcher, and one they can control for multiple years.

I don't think Maddux would mind waiving the no trade clause for two months and another chance at the postseason. Throw in Kevin Milwood's name if the Rangers continue to slip in the standings.

I don't think Maddux would mind waiving the no trade clause for two months and another chance at the postseason. Throw in Kevin Milwood's name if the Rangers continue to slip in the standings.

I guess it's technically possible but I don't see the Braves going back down those roads, like I said, they want younger pitchers.

Very true, but still not over...Maybe if someone gets on Chipper will pinch hit?

I'd have thought so too, but you look at who's coming up and none of them will get pulled. Johnson, Francouer, Texiera... you don't take the bat from them. If it's necessary, you might see him pinch hit for the pitcher in the five spot.

I guess it's technically possible but I don't see the Braves going back down those roads, like I said, they want younger pitchers.

They want younger pitchers for next year. But if they need a #3 or #4 for this year, I think they'll make a move for a Maddux, Millwood, or even Livan Hernandez to plug the hole and address a younger rotation in the offseason.