About Time!

Guest Bluto
Guys, I am conservative as anyone, but no matter when Obama denounced his church, everyone would have said it was too late.

I've heard it said that character is defined as "doing what's right when no one is looking."

If that's true, then doing what's right (leaving the church) doesn't display good character if it is done AFTER people are looking.

Guys, I am conservative as anyone, but no matter when Obama denounced his church, everyone would have said it was too late.
No, everyone would not have said it was too late. Conservatives like me would have said so, unless he had quit the church before he was elected to the US Senate, but the story would never had any traction in the mainstream media if he had left Trinity when the Rev. Wright footage first surfaced.

Obama knew Wright and Trinity were potential trouble for him, which is why he hid Wright during his Senate swearing in ceremony. A leader does not make tough decisions only when painted into a corner and faced with no choices. The Trinity issue was always about Obama's judgment and delaying his decision until he locked up the nomination does not help make his case.

Now, the earmarks that Obama pushed through in both the Illinois and US Senate are going to come under intense scrutiny, in part because of Obama's mishandling of the Trinity issue. I look forward to him explaining all of the taxpayers' money that he funneled to his financial supporters - including Father Pfleger's church.

I've heard it said that character is defined as "doing what's right when no one is looking."

If that's true, then doing what's right (leaving the church) doesn't display good character if it is done AFTER people are looking.

:thumb: Obama waited until everybody who follows politics at all was looking. He made Jeremiah Wright into almost a household name/

I think this was a bad PR move on Obamas part, he needs to let this issue go and try to stay far far away from it to win this election.
Obama had absolutely no choice in the matter. He let this issue fester until he had to make a decision. This was an ugly display of poor judgment, inexperience, and weak leadership. If it took this long for him to cut ties with his racist church, how quickly will he make decisions if American lives are at stake? This long, drawn out episode illustrates why Obama should not be Commander-in-Chief.

Hey, that's all on Obama. He waited way too long to quit that church so now it'll be viewed as anything but "doing the right thing." It was for political reasons only, that much you can be assured of.

Obama joined Trinity for political reasons and he (apparently) is leaving the church for political expediency. What noble gestures!

Of course, there is nothing to stop Obama from rejoining Trinity after the election, depending on his political calculations.

The question is now will the media investigate the hundreds of thousands (or millions - the number keeps rising) of taxpayer dollars that Obama has funneled to his supporters like Father Pfleger? Or will the media allow Obama to close this shady chapter of his life by distancing himself from Trinity, at least until after the election?

I am not all that familiar with what kind of parishoners attend this church. Some of you sound like you know many of them personally. What kind of folks attend this church? We have all seen or heard from Wright, but what about the regular parishoners...the little ole grannies, etc... What do they like about their church? A church is its people. Again, I don't know anything about these folks. You guys enlighten me on who attends this church.

I am not all that familiar with what kind of parishoners attend this church. Some of you sound like you know many of them personally. What kind of folks attend this church? We have all see or heard from Wright, but what about the regular parishoners...the little ole grannies, etc... What do they like about their church? A church is its people. Again, I don't know anything about these folks. You guys enlighten me on who attends this church.
Although I do not know any of the people who attend Trinity United Methodist Church personally, many of them seem to be the kind of people who applaud and cheer wildly in response to the racist rants of their pastors and guest pastors. (I could be wrong, somebody could be editing the sound tracks of the videos.)