CAL 8 Trinity 7

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some would say that Mr. Roney is disruptive to the opposing team. I did not witness the CAL parent. What I allude to is what David did to try to beat Goliath. If the parent was abusive or harrasing, the police should have been called.

State Championships aren't won on the frosh or JV levels. Kids develope and mature more after their 1st 2 seasons. I do recall St. X's current seniors beating Trinity 3 times as freshmen and what was the score this year on the varsity level? David Clark dominated on the frosh level, but as a sophomore, THS pounded him and he barely pitched the next 2 years because he couldn' throw strikes. St. X's freshmen team beat Trinity 4 times this year. Will that happen in 4 years? Don't know. St. X had better pitching on the freshmen level, but some of those pitchers might be at their peak right now. Coach T. will mold these players into a team that can win!

State Championships aren't won on the frosh or JV levels. Kids develope and mature more after their 1st 2 seasons. I do recall St. X's current seniors beating Trinity 3 times as freshmen and what was the score this year on the varsity level? David Clark dominated on the frosh level, but as a sophomore, THS pounded him and he barely pitched the next 2 years because he couldn' throw strikes. St. X's freshmen team beat Trinity 4 times this year. Will that happen in 4 years? Don't know. St. X had better pitching on the freshmen level, but some of those pitchers might be at their peak right now. Coach T. will mold these players into a team that can win!

Good points... I think X sometimes gets enamored and complacement with amount of talent they have and forget about developing and improving player skills. Johnny's not hitting, let's bench him and put in Billy. Smaller schools, like CAL, can work with the few kids they have from 7th grade on, give them varsity experience and track their development from year to year. In baseball, sometimes smaller is better. Congrats again to CAL!

Seems to many Rocks fans that the third base player was lost in the lights for the whole season. He came in with allot of hype but being a sophmore was just to much heat for a this young man. He had to lead the team in errors and was at the bottom in batting percentage on the team. You cannot blame the third baseman for playing third base so deep, everybody knew that CAL was going to keep bunting, where was the coaching. A Trinity parent called this the Trinity Development Team of 2008. Boy does Stein, Netherton and Weitlauf look like brain surgeons for not playing their senior year. I wish the rocks the best in 09.

Seems to many Rocks fans that the third base player was lost in the lights for the whole season. He came in with allot of hype but being a sophmore was just to much heat for a this young man. He had to lead the team in errors and was at the bottom in batting percentage on the team. You cannot blame the third baseman for playing third base so deep, everybody knew that CAL was going to keep bunting, where was the coaching. A Trinity parent called this the Trinity Development Team of 2008. Boy does Stein, Netherton and Weitlauf look like brain surgeons for not playing their senior year. I wish the rocks the best in 09.

Wow...you've expressed your frustration several times over the 3rd base spot. Do you really need to continue bashing this kid? He didn't make out the lineup card. A guy who's probably the most respected baseball coach in the city did that. He did that after watching hours of fielding and hitting practice...If he erred in judgment, then so be it. But, you'll never convince me that he intentionally put an inferior product on the field as way to get them ready for 2009.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes. Man was voted coach of the year by the student body. Rostel, Chancellor, Fowler... they did not fare any better. All fine men, excellent teachers and excellent coaches. Baseball is a different animal than other team sports. A kid throwing 50-65 MPH can defeat a "better team". Who would have been better at third? OL Griffin? I've seen many, many games the past two seasons and these sophomores deserved to be in the Shamrock lineup.

State baseball titles for Jefferson County (15): St. Xavier has 5 titles, the last in 1981. Prior to that , 1951!

Male (1943), Ballard(none), PRP (1994, 95,96)....Manual (6) the last coming in 1962! Butler (none)!