Mr. Baseball 2008

Maronde has the best shot. To be 32-2 or whatever he is in that district is nothing short of amazing. Add to that he has a chance at another state title and I'd say he's a pretty safe bet.

Maronde is a pitcher with a 32-2 record! Wow, that is amazing.

Maronde is a pitcher with a 32-2 record! Wow, that is amazing.

I don't know if that's his exact record, but I'm sure it's close. When you think about how many of those wins are against Dunbar, Tates Creek, Lexington Christian, etc., you realize how amazing those numbers really are.

I don't think he will win it but Timmy Hayes Catcher at Lawrence Co deserves to be mentioned. He is going to UofL next year and is leading Lawrence Co into their second straight Regional Championship game. I think he's hit 4 homers the last two weeks.

I don't think he will win it but Timmy Hayes Catcher at Lawrence Co deserves to be mentioned. He is going to UofL next year and is leading Lawrence Co into their second straight Regional Championship game. I think he's hit 4 homers the last two weeks.

I agree completely. Saw him play once this year, and he could do it all.

Any talk of him getting drafted?

And let's not forget that Maronde's losses were the 2-1 loss to LCA earlier this year to another star pitcher and the one-hitter to Dunbar last year (the one hit was a homer).