Somerset vs Mercer?

What happened? Game went off local radio tied in bottom of the 7th with bases loaded, 1 out and David VanHook at bat for the Jumpers!!!!!!

When I left it looked like Mercer was taking the game over...Somerset tied it up on a suicide squeeze with one out...then tried the same play again and did not work...Mercers next bat I believe they scored three runs...then I left...

Victory isn't the first word that comes to my mind after having to sit thru one of the worst officiated games in all the years my son has been playing baseball. Mercer came away with a win, but it's not one they can be very proud of. What a shame so many seniors who've worked so hard to have their high school career end that way.

Victory isn't the first word that comes to my mind after having to sit thru one of the worst officiated games in all the years my son has been playing baseball. Mercer came away with a win, but it's not one they can be very proud of. What a shame so many seniors who've worked so hard to have their high school career end that way.

C'mon jumpermom, I wasn't at the game but no matter how the game was officiated you shouldn't take anything away from Mercer. They've got seniors on their team too that have worked just as hard and they weren't the ones making the calls tonight. A post like that makes all us Jumper fans look bad. Congrats to Mercer and Congrats to the Somerset Seniors who won a District and a Regional Title during their tenure at SHS. You'll be missed.

Like you said Joe, you weren't at the game. I take nothing away from Mercer or their seniors. This was a Region ballgame, having a consistent and fair called game is not too much to ever ask. Don't cast judgement on someone else when you weren't even at the game and then say that's what makes someone look bad, come on now.

Like you said Joe, you weren't at the game. I take nothing away from Mercer or their seniors. This was a Region ballgame, having a consistent and fair called game is not too much to ever ask. Don't cast judgement on someone else when you weren't even at the game and then say that's what makes someone look bad, come on now.

When you say that "Mercer came away with a win but not one that they can be very proud of." That does take away from their kids, I understand being upset with the officiating and I'm not judging you. I'm just saying that your comments downgrades both Mercer's and our team's effort. Again, congrats to the Jumper seniors, they won a lot of ballgames for the Purple and Gold and they'll be missed next year.

No umpires in the 12th Region are out to get certain teams. They make calls that some coaches and fans may not agree with, but that's part of the game. They do their best.

Simple fact is, every coach in the 12th region is allowed to rate umpires. The umpires that worked that game were apparently rated fairly high by both Somerset's and Mercer's coaches, or they wouldn't have been officiating that game.

Great win by Mercer County. Freshman Clay Cinnamon started the game for the Titans on the mound. Junior Thad Claunch came in to relieve him when Somerset started hitting the ball and Mercer had committed 3 errors in one inning. Then in the 7th, Senior Matthew Robertson was brought in to get the Titans out of a huge jam. Then in the 8th, Senior Ethan Ashford came in to get the save. Mercer used its top 4 pitchers in this game and they came through for the team.

Mercer's hitting was on with Matthew Robertson and Zeke Edwards leading the team during this game.

As far as the officiating, the umpires were consistent for each team. No matter how bad the officiating might have been, no one can take away from Mercer County being down 5-1 and coming back to win this game in extra innings 10-7. Go Titans!