Somerset vs Mercer?

Yeah, in regionals for basketball officials from another region are selected unlike in baseball. I think the way we do it in basketball is a bad idea it's the 12th Region Tournament and it should be reffed by 12th region officials.

After watching the game last night, I'm thinking it's a much better way to have a tournament. The officials are there to call the game, they are unbiased and don't know one team, player or coach from any other. My son is a senior, so we are finished with high school sports. I can't say I will miss all of it, but I am so proud of all our seniors. They represented Somerset with class all the years I've watched them play. Best of luck to all the future Somerset teams.:thumb:

The West vs. Rock game had some poor calls made behind the plate, i believe a coach from west got ejected due to a strike call in the dirt. But umps don't decide baseball games.

From where i sat there were some questionable calls in the Danville/Wayne Co. game as well.

In my opinion the 12th region umpires as a whole are not very good. I feel we get better umpiring when we get to play some of the 11th region teams. Some of the umpires seem to think I come to the games to just to watch them. They will confront a player if they show a little emotion. I have only seen the 12th region umpires call one balk in the past 2 years and it was a terrible call. They don't seem to think a pitcher needs to stop before he delivers to the plate. I'm sure you have all read about the group that walked off the field during a tied JV game just because we reached the end of the 5th inning even though they were both offered more money by Coach Morse to stay.

Victory isn't the first word that comes to my mind after having to sit thru one of the worst officiated games in all the years my son has been playing baseball. Mercer came away with a win, but it's not one they can be very proud of. What a shame so many seniors who've worked so hard to have their high school career end that way.

I don't understand why Mercer shouldn't be proud of this win. According to the official stats in the paper Mercer out hit, out pitched and committed less errors than the Briar Jumpers. As in any baseball game their were questionable calls made against each team. As for the bat throwing incident the umpire called it just right and I'm sure umpires from all the other regions would agree. Congratulations to the Somerset seniors and the rest of the team for a great season. Congratulations to Mercer for another victory and yes you should be proud of your win!!!