10th Region Weather and Graduation Will Be A Factor

So far no rain here and the field is dry but the storms are approaching from the west and could be here by game time. Harrison and Nicholas having school today sure messed with my Memorial Day plans. I was ready for 4 games of 10th Region Baseball.

So far no rain here and the field is dry but the storms are approaching from the west and could be here by game time. Harrison and Nicholas having school today sure messed with my Memorial Day plans. I was ready for 4 games of 10th Region Baseball.

I know Harrison and Nicholas had school, but why didn't they play Bourbon/Scott at 12; Campbell/St. Patrick at 2:30; Harrison/Clark at 5; and Mason/Nicholas at 7:30.

That wouldn't have been straight down the bracket, but would at least get a couple games, and maybe all four.

Scott also has graduation set for Friday.

With rain looming for Monday and Tuesday and graduation set for Friday at Harrison County, the 10th Region schedule could be a mess. It could be early next week before the 10th Region and some other regions are completed.

I know Harrison and Nicholas had school, but why didn't they play Bourbon/Scott at 12; Campbell/St. Patrick at 2:30; Harrison/Clark at 5; and Mason/Nicholas at 7:30.

That wouldn't have been straight down the bracket, but would at least get a couple games, and maybe all four.

They couldn't play while Harrison County schools were in session.

It's wrong if they start scheduling this tourney around different days, it should always be in 3 consecutive days for unless there is weather for the simple fact that it won't totally prove whom has the best team (deepest) in the region to best represent our region.

They always schedule around Graduations. I can almost assure you that there will be no games on the Hilltop on Friday no matter what.

It's wrong if they start scheduling this tourney around different days, it should always be in 3 consecutive days for unless there is weather for the simple fact that it won't totally prove whom has the best team (deepest) in the region to best represent our region.

Wrong? This is very, very common. Regionals across the state rarely get completed by Wednesday and it's fairly common to have random off days mixed in for graduations, etc.

What would you propose, the kids miss graduation? Not play in the region? The sectional won't start until next Wednesday; there's plenty of time.