Beechwood 8 Cov Holy Cross 0

No, he's definitely not an off-speed guy. He's got a very good fastball, which is even more effective given that he does have a nice off-speed pitch. I just question whether he's got a 90+ mph fastball . . . . . yet. ;)

Time to calibrate the gun.

The low back problem began after BHS lit him up for 5 runs. Your'e right about the arm, he did not have the same velocity he had earlier in the yr.

No......B'wood had men on and he throw 4 to 5 ball in the dirt allowing runners to advance. Also early in the game (around the 3rd) he was not finishing the pitch. Regardless Cody E. was on fire......and B'wood was destin to win the game. HC's coaching throughout the yr. does not know how the coach the kids or the game. Until yesterday....they never positioned fielders to the hitters and signal a bunt with a 3-2 2out situation.

I sat behind a Reds scout and he was clocking the two pitchers, Elliot came in at 89MPH and HC pitcher was at 91. I would have to say that hitting 91MPH as a sophomore is impressive, but his defense let him down a little bit. Elliot played extremely well today watch out, the Tigers could be making their run.

Sounds like it was more like 81 after seeing the other posts saying he didn't have his usual velocity.

One thing to consider would be that when some scouts go to games they adjust their guns. For example sometimes when a pro scout comes to a game they adjust there gun to where the velocity comes up 3-4 MPH faster than the actual speed to see how hard the kid could be throwing in a few years. Also sometimes when there is a highly recruited pitcher and there are a bunch of schools there the scout will adjust the speed to where its coming up 3-4 MPH slower than what it is. This way the other scouts around him think that the kid is only throwing 80 MPH whereas the guy with the gun knows the kid is really throwin 85 and they think they have a better chance of getting the kid.