Beechwood 8 Cov Holy Cross 0

I sat behind a Reds scout and he was clocking the two pitchers, Elliot came in at 89MPH and HC pitcher was at 91. I would have to say that hitting 91MPH as a sophomore is impressive, but his defense let him down a little bit. Elliot played extremely well today watch out, the Tigers could be making their run.

I sat behind a Reds scout and he was clocking the two pitchers, Elliot came in at 89MPH and HC pitcher was at 91. I would have to say that hitting 91MPH as a sophomore is impressive, but his defense let him down a little bit. Elliot played extremely well today watch out, the Tigers could be making their run.

Wow. I hope that is true, but do find that somewhat difficult to believe. He (Roenker) plays for our summer team and I'll be putting the gun on him just to see for myself. He was throwing low 80's last summer, so that is quite a jump to low 90's. But I hope it's accurate! :thumb: As equally important as his fastball is the fact that he throws a nice curve and changeup and all three pitches for strikes.

Wow. I hope that is true, but do find that somewhat difficult to believe. He (Roenker) plays for our summer team and I'll be putting the gun on him just to see for myself. He was throwing low 80's last summer, so that is quite a jump to low 90's. But I hope it's accurate! :thumb: As equally important as his fastball is the fact that he throws a nice curve and changeup and all three pitches for strikes.

I was shocked too, 91 is impressive, but yes I thought Roenker was more of an off speed guy.

Edited by ukfan14
spelling

If you saw these numbers, I guess we can not doubt it. However, it sure did not seem that way. Roenker did not seem to have any zip on the ball today as he did when he beat BHS. Elliott definetly seemed to have his normal velocity.

Have a day Cody, gets the shutout, no hitter(10-K's w/6-BB), goes 3-4 w/2 triples and 4 RBI's. Not sure about this but maybe that was his first win of the yr if you can believe that.

BHS looked OK today but they will have to play better defensively from here out. W/Elliott pitching they can afford an error or two sometimes but not on routine plays.

First great job Cody and B'wood. If anyone seen the game Roenker was having some kind of lower back prob. But I guess HC coach thought the was better hurt then any of the other heathy pitchers. He left him in way to long. HC has the tendency to ruin pitchers. Matt Bodner was a great pitcher until his fresh yr. The fresh coach pitched him approx 200 pitches in 24 hrs. Arm done! Hasn't pitched again. I would hate to see Roenker damaged. He has a bright future.

First great job Cody and B'wood. If anyone seen the game Roenker was having some kind of lower back prob. But I guess HC coach thought the was better hurt then any of the other heathy pitchers. He left him in way to long. HC has the tendency to ruin pitchers. Matt Bodner was a great pitcher until his fresh yr. The fresh coach pitched him approx 200 pitches in 24 hrs. Arm done! Hasn't pitched again. I would hate to see Roenker damaged. He has a bright future.

The low back problem began after BHS lit him up for 5 runs. Your'e right about the arm, he did not have the same velocity he had earlier in the yr.

I was shocked too, 91 is impressive, but yes I thought Roenker was more of an off speed guy.

No, he's definitely not an off-speed guy. He's got a very good fastball, which is even more effective given that he does have a nice off-speed pitch. I just question whether he's got a 90+ mph fastball . . . . . yet. ;)

I can absolutely assure you he is on much more restrictive pitch counts in the summer than he was during this high school season. In fact, Andy frequently complains about how "early" he is removed from games during the summer. :lol: