Boone County 13 Ryle 0 (5 innings)

Great game by the Rebels! The bats were on fire tonight, and timely double plays were turned on the defensive side. The Krohman brothers go all the way pitching in this one. Way to go boys, nothing better than taking out the Raiders in the first round :dancingpa

Wow....From 1st regional title ever to a losing season, and getting worked like this in the 1st round of districts. Don't think the 9th region has ever seen such a precipitous fall in one year. Hopefully things get better next year.

any details?

Ryle got smoked in every facet of the game - pitching, defense, hitting, attitude, you name it. Ryle leaves bases loaded in 3 of the first 4 innings and had a runner on base in the other (that's 10 LOB in 4 innings. Heck, the max for 4 innings is 12!). Boone fielded well (don't recall an error); Ryle did not. Boone pitching put runners on base via walks, but they weren't driven in. Ryle put Boone runners on base via walks and they drove them in. Shame for Ryle to have to end the season this way, but it's not as though they lost a heart-breaking one run game in the bottom of the 7th. Best of luck to Boone and St. H representing the district at regionals.

Ryle got smoked in every facet of the game - pitching, defense, hitting, attitude, you name it. Ryle leaves bases loaded in 3 of the first 4 innings and had a runner on base in the other (that's 10 LOB in 4 innings. Heck, the max for 4 innings is 12!). Boone fielded well (don't recall an error); Ryle did not. Boone pitching put runners on base via walks, but they weren't driven in. Ryle put Boone runners on base via walks and they drove them in. Shame for Ryle to have to end the season this way, but it's not as though they lost a heart-breaking one run game in the bottom of the 7th. Best of luck to Boone and St. H representing the district at regionals.

I echo everything above as there is no way to sugar-coat this one:eek:

C-town is absolutely correct, Boone just flat out came to play today and Ryle did not. Should be no excuses coming from the Ryle side besides the fact that their players just did not come through today.

That's been the story all year with this team. When they came to play they win, when they go thru the motions like today....well

Congratss to Boone, they wanted it more.

That's been the story all year with this team. When they came to play they win, when they go thru the motions like today....well

You would think they would have come to play it being a district game and all.

I am pretty sure Ryle just got beat today. There is no way they didnt show up in the one game all year that could have and did end their season.

I am pretty sure Ryle just got beat today. There is no way they didnt show up in the one game all year that could have and did end their season.

If you were at the Cov Cath game last Friday, which I am sure that you were, you would have seen a different kind of effort than today. I don't know why that happened but it did. Two things for sure about today's game, when Ryle got down they didn't respond, and Boone put it on them when they sensed they were down.

Personally, I do think Ryle came "to play" today. I saw enthusiasm early on, but unfortunately things just unraveled quickly for them. After 1 1/2 innings they found themselves down 5-0 despite having their #1 pitcher on the mound. Ryle is a team that has struggled offensively quite a bit this year and just didn't have the confidence level and mental toughness for such a challenging situation and I do think they started to freak a bit. This "uh-oh, something really bad is happening to us" feeling took solid root after their AB's in the 2nd and 3rd innings when they left bases loaded. At that point Ryle did start to implode and you could see a dramatic change in the attitude. Boone exploded in the 4th and 5th innings and there was no coming back from a double-deficit lead.

Ryle will be back. They played an absolutely brutal schedule this year - who knows, maybe even a bit too tough. But they have a ton of experience coming back next year and some very solid JV players moving up and I think Ryle will rebound very nicely in 2009.