May 18, 200818 yr Some rumors swirling he's going to pull his name out of the draft. Could get interesting, so just throwing it out there...
May 18, 200818 yr Some rumors swirling he's going to pull his name out of the draft. Could get interesting, so just throwing it out there... Why in the world would he do that, and where would he end up if he did?
May 18, 200818 yr Author Why in the world would he do that, and where would he end up if he did? He's been really bad in his workouts, and there are some reports of an injury. It's still in the very early stages so it's not very solid yet. Not sure what he could do in terms of NCAA eligibility considering he had his sights set on the NBA months ago...
May 18, 200818 yr If eligible, would he still be considered a Uconn lean or is it too crowded for him now? I remember Duke used to be pretty interested in him at one point...
May 18, 200818 yr Author If eligible, would he still be considered a Uconn lean or is it too crowded for him now? I remember Duke used to be pretty interested in him at one point... UConn is full...
May 19, 200818 yr How can he go pro if he is just now graduating from high school? That is what I was thinking. Would be a huge pick up for UK.
May 19, 200818 yr Author I can't find anything about him on Rivals, can someone help me out? What more help do you need? I think I've pretty much covered it all so far. He hasn't done well in workouts and there are growing injury concerns. Chances of him landing at the collegiate level are very slim, but one or two stranger things have happened...
May 19, 200818 yr That is what I was thinking. Would be a huge pick up for UK. UK isn't even in the radar unless I'm completely wrong... Georgetown maybe?
May 19, 200818 yr Author UK isn't even in the radar unless I'm completely wrong... Georgetown maybe? College isn't really on the radar yet...
May 19, 200818 yr John Riek has been put in a tough situation. He will almost certainly have problems getting through the Clearinghouse if he does try and go the college route, but he has been so bad in his workouts that the NBA is not the best place for him right now. I've heard some scouts say he was the worst player they have seen in this years draft class and is no where near ready for the league. Of course that hasn't deterred numerous players before him that took the exact same path. It's kind of a sad situation because Riek is just another in a long line of foreign-born players who has been brought over to the US and been taken advantage of. He's been told by so many different people that he is ready for the NBA and that couldn't be farther from the truth. He is extremely raw and would do well to spend at least a couple of years in college. He's only 18 years old however, and barring any serious knee problems (which is a big if) he could turn out to be a decent big man in the league.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.