Tay Prince

I think what hurts him in this argument is that fact that he plays on a TEAM that has tons of unselfish players that trust each other.

:thumb: Emphasis on TEAM player, Prince is all about winning and doing what it takes, whether it is to score, defend or pass the ball it doesn't matter. Prince is in no way a "flashy" player that draws all the attention to himself. He is all about winning and making a very good team even better. Prince has been the most consistent player on the Pistons in these playoffs imo. Should anyone question how valuble he is, just check out Dumar's comments and praise of him.

Plain and simple no and it's not even close.

Maybe not the best but I can tell you that I would much rather have him on a TEAM than some "individuals" that are considered the best.;) That makes it close, very close imo.

He is a great player and any team would be NUTS if they didn't want him!

:thumb::thumb: check out some that are considered the best, they definately are very good and there is no doubt about that.

Now let someone check out their attitudes, especially when things aren't going their way:cry:. That is my point. There may better "individual players". Prince trumps most anyone in the NBA when it comes to talent, complete team player + attitude.

Best complementary player probably, and definately best 4th scoring option on any team.

4th scoring option? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: O.K. then, if you say so......:D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prince is a VERY VERY good player, but in no way is he one of the best all around players in the league. Offensively he doesn't have the ability to take over a game like LBJ, Paul, Wade, Williams, Melo, Bryant, and defensively you'll never see him guard one of the players mentioned above because the Bryant's, James', and Melo's are too strong for him, and the Wade, Williams, and Paul's are too quick for him.

Prince will have a very good NBA career and any team would be lucky to have him, but to say he is one of the top 5 players in the league or one of the best all around players is a stretch IMO.

Prince is a VERY VERY good player, but in no way is he one of the best all around players in the league. Offensively he doesn't have the ability to take over a game like LBJ, Paul, Wade, Williams, Melo, Bryant, and defensively you'll never see him guard one of the players mentioned above because the Bryant's, James', and Melo's are too strong for him, and the Wade, Williams, and Paul's are too quick for him.

Prince will have a very good NBA career and any team would be lucky to have him, but to say he is one of the top 5 players in the league or one of the best all around players is a stretch IMO.

You might want to go back and rewatch the NBA Finals between the Lakers and Pistons, because Prince guarded Kobe and guarded him quite well I do believe.

I love kentucky, but I am not biased enough to say he is the best all-around player. As far as top ALL-AROUND TEAM players go, I would say top 10 in the league. I believe Kobe is comfortably the best all-around player and really just the best the league has to offer right now.

I know he isnt the best per say... My argument is he is one of if not the best ALL AROUND players... He does everything.. Scoring, rebounding, defense etc..

I think you should be calling him one of the best team players. That's what he does, he's not a utility player, but an all around good player that has really been a solid TEAM PLAYER for the Pistons.

You might want to go back and rewatch the NBA Finals between the Lakers and Pistons, because Prince guarded Kobe and guarded him quite well I do believe.

You might want to check your stats. Kobe scored a career high 539 points throughout the playoffs that year including 141 in the 5 game finals for an average of 28 a game against Detroit.

Considering the team they had that year, I'd hardly call that keeping him in check.

Have you ever been up close to him. He looks skinny on TV and the saying that TV adds ten pounds, it adds about 25 to him. I couldn't believe how skinny he is. He is one of the best team players. He does whatever is asked of him.