Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/PRP Predictions

Featured Replies

After getting swept by Henry Clay on Saturday can X bounce back and have a strong game tomorrow night against the #1 team in the state. I have heard that Justin Amlung is going to throw for X, who will pitch for PRP? What are the keys tomorrow for X to pull the upset? WHat does everyone think about the match-up?

Where and at what time is the game? Thanks.

I'd like to see this one, especially if PRP's ace goes against X's ace.

I dont think Cox will pitch since he pitched Saturday against Bowling Green.

  • Author

The game is at 7:30 at X. I think this game has the potential to be a high scoring affair given the strength of both teams line-ups. On the other hand, It could be a very low scoring game depending on who pitches and how well the defenses play.

 

I have a feeling that defense will play the major key in this game. Both teams are capable of putting up chunks of runs in a hurry. I think the team that minimizes mistakes in the field will succeed tomorrow evening.

 

I don't think Cox will pitch either, I watched him pitch Friday night in their win against Henry Clay in the FCIT. I am interested to see how Amlung does, he is very heavily dependent on his fastball and overpowering the opposition. With a team that hits as well as PRP, I don't know if a good fastball and a decent curveball will get it done. I look for someone like Ryan Moesby to also pitch tomorrow if Amlung is to get into trouble. Who are PRP's 2nd and 3rd pitchers that are likely to throw tomorrow? Just wanted to know if anyone could give me some stats?

 

I look for this one to be crowded and exciting. I know those around the X community are ready for this game.

 

See everyone at Tiger Park tomorrow at 730.

GOOD LUCK TO THE TIGERS:banana::banana::dancingpa

My first prediction was wrong about Amlung, so I better say X will win since Amlung is pitching. But, PRP batters like the fast ball, so he better have something other than a curve ball....like a split finger fast ball, two seem, slider, fork ball or maybe a knuckle ball to beat PRP. Should be a good one.

This is a time when I agree with Roc4ever. PRP is a great fastball hitting team. Amlung's bread and butter is a fastball. Amlung has great potential, yet his best years as a pitcher could be in the future. He has played catcher more than pitched in the past. Cox, I thought, had pitched against Henry Clay on Friday. Two doubles and a homerun were hit off of him. PRP hits the ball from top to bottom in the order as well as any team in the state. They also play defense very well. St. X is capable of hitting the ball very well. St. X has found ways to win close games. Should be interesting.

  • Author

As much as I would love to see Amlung blow PRP away tonight, I agree with Roc4ever and Homerun that that may not be the case. I don't think he has enough variability in his repetoire to keep PRP off balance the entire game. He is usually very strong at least the first time throught the lineup, but PRP is one of the best hitting teams in the state.

 

The game should be very exciting and interesting with two of the top teams in the state battling it out. I will definitely be at Tiger Park this evening.

Amlung through 8 or 9 scoreless innings. Trey Harper threw a gem dandy of a game as well going 8 scoreless for the Panthers. Great defense displayed both sides. Brinkman made two spectacular grabs in left. Osbourne made a terrific off balance throw deep in the hole. In the top of 10 PRP loaded the bases with no outs and Ryan Mosby got a K followed by a ground ball to him for a home to first double play. In the bottom of 10 X loaded the bases after Ferch singled, Brinkman hit by pitch and Scheler bunted for a hit. Ryan Cline hit a deep sac fly to right to win it. Great ballgame!

  • Author

Ryan Cline was the SS, Ryan Moesby was the pitcher.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.