Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region 2008/2009

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you looking for here??? Predictions, players, ???

IMO, Anderson is the favorite to win it. I think they were one year away last year and I think this will be there year. I think the best player is, from AC, CJ Penny.

IMO, Anderson is the favorite to win it. I think they were one year away last year and I think this will be there year. I think the best player is, from AC, CJ Penny.

 

The 8th will be up for grabs just like last year and CJ is one of the better players in the region, unstopable under the basket but if I was picking a player to start a team I'ld take Maddox out of Gallatin. Not sure if will have the supporting cast to make a run at the region but the kid has the whole package inside and out.

The 8th will be up for grabs just like last year and CJ is one of the better players in the region, unstopable under the basket but if I was picking a player to start a team I'ld take Maddox out of Gallatin. Not sure if will have the supporting cast to make a run at the region but the kid has the whole package inside and out.

 

I will be the first to say that Maddox is in my opinion the second best player in the region. He makes his whole team better and is an outstanding player. I just think CJ is the most dominant player and the hardest player to stop in the region.

I will be the first to say that Maddox is in my opinion the second best player in the region. He makes his whole team better and is an outstanding player. I just think CJ is the most dominant player and the hardest player to stop in the region.

 

That was my opinion also, before last seasons regional tournament. It really doesn't matter which one is #1. The eighth will again belong to the bigger schools and the all "A" eighth is up for grabs.

The big question is why Grant is so underachieving every single year. 1000+ kids and 5 straight losing seasons.

I think Penny is the top player in the region with a couple of close seconds. I really like the Maddox kid who seems to be able to take a game over, the only thing that worries me about the GC Wildcats is their ability to get him the ball. Losing the older Jones boy and Brown you lose a lot of your veteran guard play, and with the Henson boy gone he loses that inside destraction that left him open a lot of the time. I don't want to count out any of the small schools in the region because im not sure what the bigger schools have returning. I like Anderson's chances riding on the back of Penny and several returning players. I'm liking the underdogs this year in the 8th but we won't know till tourney time.

I think Penny is the top player in the region with a couple of close seconds. I really like the Maddox kid who seems to be able to take a game over, the only thing that worries me about the GC Wildcats is their ability to get him the ball. Losing the older Jones boy and Brown you lose a lot of your veteran guard play, and with the Henson boy gone he loses that inside destraction that left him open a lot of the time. I don't want to count out any of the small schools in the region because im not sure what the bigger schools have returning. I like Anderson's chances riding on the back of Penny and several returning players. I'm liking the underdogs this year in the 8th but we won't know till tourney time.

Good post! I agree with what you are saying here regarding GC because they lost alot of talent in the 3 kids you mentioned. However, they will still be one of top 3 or four teams in the entire region. As for the All 'A', I still think Gallatin will come out on top again, but they won't be the favorites to win it like they were this year.

Good post! I agree with what you are saying here regarding GC because they lost alot of talent in the 3 kids you mentioned. However, they will still be one of top 3 or four teams in the entire region. As for the All 'A', I still think Gallatin will come out on top again, but they won't be the favorites to win it like they were this year.

 

Who do you think will be the all "a" favorites then? Owen?

Who do you think will be the all "a" favorites then? Owen?

 

Owen and possibly Trimble County. Both teams return most of last year. Depends on the draw, which i understand is done already. Anyone got it to post???

Owen and possibly Trimble County. Both teams return most of last year. Depends on the draw, which i understand is done already. Anyone got it to post???

 

I cant see trimble winning, but Owen and Gallatin both look like the favorites to me. Isn't Henry moving back down to all a?

Who do you think will be the all "a" favorites then? Owen?

 

What I meant was that I think Gallatin was the overwhelming favorite to win the All A region this past year. However, the 08-09 season really does not have that hands down favorite. I think Owen and Gallatin will once again play for the All A region title. I think Gallatin will win it to make it 4 in a row, but it will not be an easy go of it.

I cant see trimble winning, but Owen and Gallatin both look like the favorites to me. Isn't Henry moving back down to all a?

 

Henry does come back to "A" status this year. Trimble will be a tough out. They lost to Walton in the tournament this past year at the buzzer, and as I said in an earlier post, return most of their players.

What I meant was that I think Gallatin was the overwhelming favorite to win the All A region this past year. However, the 08-09 season really does not have that hands down favorite. I think Owen and Gallatin will once again play for the All A region title. I think Gallatin will win it to make it 4 in a row, but it will not be an easy go of it.

 

I think your right with the Gallatin and Owen matchup in the finals. I don't know if Henry (losing Roberts) will have the scorer that could keep them close to the Gallatins and Owens. Owen and Gallatin seem to be the two more likely teams to reach the finals. Owen's Gamble and Shelton will play key roles in their success and Coach Duvall will do a good job getting his guys to play at their level. Gallatin seems to be my favorite. There is a swagger that a three time repeating champ has in big game situations. Even losing some big names GC still has one of the top players in the region in Maddox and a host of support players that could be good compliments to his game. Like Henry, I see Trimble competing but just not quite being able to clear the hump. But I think one of the biggest underdogs this year are the Panthers of Carroll County. Returning most key players, the panthers could very easily make some noise. Yager, Hendricks, Cable, Allen, Craig, Proctor, and Brocious have been playing together through JV two years ago and now at the Varsity level. They took their lumps last year. But with a new coach, whoever that may be, i look for them to be a fun team to watch. Sorry if I got to rambling or put anyone to sleep. LOVE 8th REGION ALL A!!!!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.